Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Antwan's 4 Footer

Featured Replies

This tank has been set up for a few weeks now so thought I would post some photo's of the progress so far. I'm pretty happy with it and can't wait for it to fill in.

Tank: 250L, std. 4'

Light: 150W metal halide (of course), 6700K bulb

Filter: Aqua One cf1200

CO2: Pressurised 5kg bottle with inline diffuser.

I got this stand made by R32GOTMLK and it's beasty, very well built :bow:

Lots of photo's cos photo's are fun.

IMG_1054.jpg

Lovely West Coast driftwood to choose from

IMG_1055.jpg

Beginning of initial scape

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

Then I scored a massive piece of needle leaf java fern and a bunch of neons and anubias

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

And tonight (Hemianthus micranthemoides, woot)

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1094-1.jpg

IMG_1095.jpg

IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

This girl's about ready to pop, I can see all the individual eyes of her fry inside her

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

Last but certainly not least

IMG_1108.jpg

  • Replies 59
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
That is not fair, on two separate accounts.

Firstly, that's some damn nice planting.

Secondly, are those a festivum Gourami?

Thank you. You are very close, they are festivum cichlids. Cool little fish, I think I'll get a couple more

Sweet scape :hail: Nice festivums

Looks awesome - almost makes me want to try setting up a nice tank again! :)

Comon.. You Know you want too...

  • Author

Thanks everyone. :D

I bought two little male endler's guppies yesterday with the coolest colours. I saw a festivum chasing one yesterday and now they've disappeared overnight. Bit of a shame, but hopefully they did their job on the females and they can live on in a month or so.

I agree with Liam, go for it Neon. When you do make sure to chuck some photo's up here, your tanks were awesome when we were up!

  • Author

I got mine at a rivermouth just north of Greymouth. There's tonnes of it along the west coast, it's awesome. I used to live in tga and didn't really have much success finding driftwood around there, but you could try the rivers up the kaimais? If no driftwood there's glosso galore (or at least used to be) growing up there.

Nice looking tank and really cool layout with that driftwood.... nice work cuzzie.

Has the big girl released the young ones yet?

  • Author
Nice looking tank and really cool layout with that driftwood.... nice work cuzzie.

Has the big girl released the young ones yet?

Thanks Mike! I got about 2L of xmas moss in the mail today so I'm gonna tie that to a solid piece of wood and have it on the left, should look good.

And nah she still hasn't! A bit slack really.

Good work. You're a brave man to have that much water indoors :wink:

It doesn't seem like much after having the 650L spill it's guts so many times over the carpet.

In other news I got another 4 footer yesterday, should make a nice home to a leaf fish and some catfish :thup:

  • Author

Thanks!

Disaster struck this afternoon. I set up the new tank and chucked the canister on it and everything (used already cycled media) and chucked all the livebearers in, but I forgot the strainer on the intake :facepalm: Had two little guys in the canister that survived but I lost my second biggest platy female. she was only stuck for about 15 minutes but she didn't survive. So I thought I'd cut her open as she was pretty fat.

Don't look if you don't like looking at things cut open :D

It's amazing how much fits into this little package

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1159-1.jpg

At least the neons had a good feed.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.