what to do with this glass

stickyfish

well that would depend on wether they are toughened or not if they are just annealed float glass you can cut them and make wahtever size tank you want from them if they are tougened you cannot cut or drill them and they would make for a super large tank

i managed to get given 2 pieces of glass that were doubled order for the army head quarters in new plymouth 2300x 1080 x 16mm thick

any ideas what i should do with them they worth 6k each???

Sounds like you've got the front panels of a 4.6 meter wide tank to me...

Is it possible to double up the glass? Making it the thickness of one normal piece of glass? :dunno:

It is already "doubled up":

they r 88 kgs each and is tempered and laminated

So more or less 2 bits of 8mm glass with glue between.The problem with laminated glass is that is not much stronger (if any?) than the glass it started out as.

Ok, so is it the one with a plastic sheet in the middle? So it doesn't shatter and go everywhere? Kind of like the ones in cars. I don't see why it would make it weaker than a single piece of 8mm glass and if you used the two sheets one in front of the other, it would make it even less stronger according to what your saying.