Squirt's 30L Iwagumi New Photos 17.06.2012

Squirt

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe :digH:

Once I get these bulbs in would dosing Flourish and Comprehensive be enough?

Specs

Tank: 40x25x28cm (22L)

Lighting: 2x15W T2

Substrate: Flourite Black Sand

Planned Plants: Dwarf Hairgrass and Glosso

Or would I need to dose something else as well?

Or could I just use Valyrays (trademe) plant fertilizer?

a313b113.jpg

Everything's a bit straggly at the moment, I've got to wait for the glosso to set in a bit. Went to get hairgrass from the pet shop but it was brown and now very good. I accidentally dropped one of my lights into the tank and well... :oops: Getting 200g of KNO3 and 100g of K2SO4 soon. Added phosphate into the substrate because it can only be absorbed via the roots (I think).

Will get a better photo soon.

Cheers, I follow yours too :spop:

I had some massive OCD this morning, tore up all the plants and planted them individually two hours later I had finished. Still waiting on the fertilizers to arrive... :spop:

How long of a photoperiod should I have? Currently doing 6 hours with 15W of CFL. Will up it once I get more plants, fertilizers and when I get round to buying a new light :digH:

Cheers, I follow yours too :spop:

I had some massive OCD this morning, tore up all the plants and planted them individually two hours later I had finished. Still waiting on the fertilizers to arrive... :spop:

How long of a photoperiod should I have? Currently doing 6 hours with 15W of CFL. Will up it once I get more plants, fertilizers and when I get round to buying a new light :digH:

I started out at 6 hrs.... possibly could of been less for the first few weeks. Had a litte GSA, GDA and brown algae but seemed to stop appearing when plants /ferts got going..... but i will be at 6 or less for at least the next week :(

You will be happier with nthe results of planting the glosso individually.

I bought some Flourish Nitrogen today from Kapiti Kritters and they chucked in some Dwarf Hairgrass :happy1: :happy2: Thanks!! :bow:

Wee update (sorry for quality, I'll get some better ones when I find the camera)

FTS

d353c849.jpg

Picture of the DHG

2c93bc1e.jpg

Did a trim today as well, glossos growing well

• 2 weeks later...

Tip 1: Put your lights on a timer when you go on holidays for about 2-3 hours a day, enough to keep the plants alive, but not too much to get an algae outbreak.

Tip 2: Make sure to plug your lights into the timer! :slfg:

Tank melted a bit after a 3 day holiday :facepalm: starting to recover though.