Ancient peat swamp forest

Deepsound

@ #!CrunchBang and Sophia :

15 Sundadanio axelrodi 'blue' and 10 boraras maculata :)

They appreciate very soft and acidic black water. I added oaks and catappa leaves to simulate their habitat as well as possible. They like dimly lit so I mainly use cryptos and mosses.

More infos here : http://www.seriouslyfish.com/profile.php?genus=Sundadanio&species=axelrodi&id=992

img_1611-2.jpg

img_1595-1.jpg

@ Phoenix, Anthony law and Joe : thanks ! :D

@ Joe : when I saw them in the shop, I bought them all !!! They are rare here too. May be because their habitat is under threat :(

@ Sophia : No breeding yet. I think I should keep them with no other species to hope so. They are very sensitive fish which don't like water parameters changing. When they feel good, that iridescent blue is magnificent. The anal fin of males has a black mark.

It seems they like to swim so I put them in a 100 cm tank rather than in a nano. But a 50 /60 cm could suit too. A carpet of leaves (oak, catappa) covers entirely the soil in order to add tanins, decrease the Ph and let the micro plankton proliferate. I also use peat for its humic matter and trace elements and its action on Ph / hardness. I love black waters :)