Hello from conference!!!

Caryl

:wave:

All have arrive safely, except for Sue Fleet. She had an unfortunate accident and is have to have her arm plastered (broken in 2 places) and her wrist operated on and a plate inserted :tears: We wish you a speedy recovery Sue.

Friday night was a get-together at the hotel with drinks and nibbles.

Thanks to Warren for supplying some Hell's Pizzas for the exec so we had fuel before our meeting.

The hotel is lovely and the conference room excellent for our needs. BFRC chose well :love:

We spent the evening catching up with old friends and putting faces to forum names - my favourite part.

Hopefully I will be adding to the rogues' gallery when I get home. Am on a Vodafone stick so limited in data transfer.

AGM starts soon.

Good thing we are inside as it is very windy (has been all night, and been raining.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meeting is under way with half the agenda bbeing completed

Now on a morning tea break , warren is selling the first lot of raffle

U v steriliser up for grabs

:sml1: :spop:

:roll:

Was walking dog in the local where you can let your off the lead on a very muddy slope. Bent to stroke another little dog who came over to say hello. H put his paws on my leg, I slipped on the bank, dropped my knees and somehow my right arm was under me with wrist bent. Knew it was broken so rolled to my left and that arm was also under me. That one cracked two ribs.!!!

I think fishkeeping is not as dangerous, although with my luck at presnt I would probably fall in the taqnk and drown.

We had an interesting afternoon with a guest speaker from Masterpet giving us a PowerPoint presentation then Mark Paterson talked about collecting stuff for local marine tanks and what he has in plan for us tomorrow. We can only hope the weather improves as it has been cold, windy and wet all day. Good thing we have been inside nice and warm with plenty of lovely food offered throughout the day. There is even some birthday cake left!

Now we are all resting, or shopping etc, until the evening meal. :thup:

We are all heading to Mark's new place tomorrow (he said something about needing to shift an 8ft tank) then wading about in rock pools (depending on weather).

Dinner was lovely, as was dessert.

Conversations after dinner were also fun, as was the auction.

everyone is down at livingarts place now, and soon to arrive here to help haul the 8 foot tank out and down to the village. I have brought out 2 of my albino creations from hiding to show off as well !drool:

We have spent a lovely afternoon at the beach watching some wading waist deep in the water catching critters.

Nice to meet you Anthony.

We are getting ready for dinner now !drool:

Dinner was yummy! On my way back now, I had to get my poor grandmother away from the vulgar conversations Mark and Shannon were having. :sick:

i didn't think it was that bad all though i cant remember much i had a bit to much wine in the system at that point. sorry granny. :o