HOLY GRAIL - what is your holy grail type of tank and fish

henward

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is neat. bit flinstone like though

there's other pics here http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/parts-construction/43615-large-vivarium-construction-56.html/quote:3d8r2f1d

Yeah its nice but way too small for the rays, especially with all the background and stuff in there. The biggest P14 in the link I posted is at least 30" in length and with a disc of about 2' diameter, she makes the 6' wide tank she's in look small at only three years old. And they're supposed to be the smallest of the black rays, so theoretically the leo he has [in the tank you posted] is going to get even bigger. And also the shallow water is less than ideal, they seem like flat fish that would do well in a wide shallow tank but after watching the way they swim up the glass in deeper tanks (3' deep in the link I posted, and around 4-5' deep at the Berlin Aquarium) I would say its far too shallow.

That tank would be better suited to a big school of corydoras and tetras IMO...

this is neat. bit flinstone like though

Yea I think so too, I'd much prefer it if the BG was more natural looking. I like tanks with rocky bg, with some root-like wood and well planted enough to look planted, but not so densely planted that it's a mass of leaves and covers all of the hardscape. I also tend to like paludariums, but ones with large water area.

amano has some hardcore gear!

wow!

one day perhaps, i may invest in something like that

..... wait i forgot to check my lotto ticket :o

no really

its awesome!!

would love a fully natural looking massive monster tank!