Any corydoras breeders out there?

Joshlikesfish

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you should get some and breed me some babies ;)

Don't tempt me. I'm already thinking I need a breeding setup just for the pandas and cockatoos. Although they already do it without any help from me I think less predators in the tank at the time will lead to better outcomes.

I'm sure it's your turn :)

I wish I had the $150+ to get a few adolfoi. Can afford maybe two at the most ATM and that is just a waste as HFF albany only has 5 that I could see, and would split the group for someone else... *sigh*

I think you have a lot better luck, I am still sad about losing my cockatoo female (the replacement is a pretender, looks female but has little tail points. And is a bit of a munter, weird dent in its body :( - last time I buy a fish sight unseen! ). I bought a beautiful pair of agassizi a little while back, and the female went belly up after a week alone with him. &c:ry &c:ry Apistos are lovely but a bit heartbreaking!

I wish I had the $150+ to get a few adolfoi. Can afford maybe two at the most ATM and that is just a waste as HFF albany only has 5 that I could see, and would split the group for someone else... *sigh*

I think you have a lot better luck, I am still sad about losing my cockatoo female (the replacement is a pretender, looks female but has little tail points. And is a bit of a munter, weird dent in its body :( - last time I buy a fish sight unseen! ). I bought a beautiful pair of agassizi a little while back, and the female went belly up after a week alone with him. &c:ry &c:ry Apistos are lovely but a bit heartbreaking!

Yeah, at that price they're a bit of a stretch. I know what you mean about heart breaking apistos - Ryan gave me a beautiful female and she got beaten by my male (harem breeding didn't work this time) so she gave up and hid in the corner and didn't eat until she passed away. I moved her to a different tank on her own and she still wouldn't eat/swim much. I am gutted about the loss but still have my original pair which have had another spawn so I'm hoping to replace her.

I have in the past had my albinos lay and have raised at least a handful of fry from a few batches. I haven't had any batches of eggs for the longest time :dunno: only reason i can think of is because i moved them to a different tank.

I have tried feeding out blood worms for a few days in a row doing a water change - nothing :o

Then tried feeding out live brine shrimp for a few days in a row doing a water change - nothing :o

So i moved them back to their old tank. :-? They look much happier but still no signs of eggs.

Any body had this experience?

I really miss having eggs and hope i can have more soon

I have in the past had my albinos lay and have raised at least a handful of fry from a few batches. I haven't had any batches of eggs for the longest time :dunno: only reason i can think of is because i moved them to a different tank.

I have tried feeding out blood worms for a few days in a row doing a water change - nothing :o

Then tried feeding out live brine shrimp for a few days in a row doing a water change - nothing :o

So i moved them back to their old tank. :-? They look much happier but still no signs of eggs.

Any body had this experience?

I really miss having eggs and hope i can have more soon

What's the temp like?

Since I move mine to 22 degrees they haven't stopped laying eggs

I am nearly at the end of week 2 of feeding live food (and more live food on weekends when I am around) and then going to do a big water change. I turned the temp up a couple of degrees so when I change the water it's more noticeable.

Thanks for your replies. Since sending that post i checked them in the old tank again and there was eggs! :happy2:

There were only about ten eggs for three egg laying females :dunno: so hopefully there is more to come.

But its a good start which i'm so stoked about :happy1:

So we'll see whats to come in the next couple of days.

I am nearly at the end of week 2 of feeding live food (and more live food on weekends when I am around) and then going to do a big water change. I turned the temp up a couple of degrees so when I change the water it's more noticeable.

Good luck :) You're simulating a big rain by adding cold water (if you wanted to know) and I found anything up to a 50% change was fine for the pandas and they love the chill. The angels in the same tank don't like going to 23 degrees and back up to 26 in one day but I'll rectify that in the near future.

I even had cories lay eggs on a pleco (wished so much i had a camera then), they can get them anywhere. I found a big feed at night, and an early morning water change about an hour before the light came on worked very well, 2 spawns a week from a group of 6 no problems. I gave up after my substrate became a pink wriggling mass of albino cories, sold the breeding group and she hasn't been able to get any eggs from them since. :dunno:

are you supposed to feed them and then do a water change nearer nightfall?

I have just given them a shrimp pellet and some microworms but I have to go back there in half an hour or so, could do a big water change. Or when is the best time?? It is certainly the right air pressure today if they like rainy season

are you supposed to feed them and then do a water change nearer nightfall?

I have just given them a shrimp pellet and some microworms but I have to go back there in half an hour or so, could do a big water change. Or when is the best time?? It is certainly the right air pressure today if they like rainy season

Mine spawned after I just topped up the tank with cold water. Basically doubled the water volume with the hose. Just before lights out