The What's Up? thread.

SamH

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sophia it put up such a fight, took me a good twenty minutes to get it out. That is why my hubby thought it might be a kingie LOL. :slfg:

Joe we smoked it, it was super yummy !drool:

Sam I practice on the wii on rainy and windy days and on good days we are out on the boat :thup:

We had fresh cod for tea thanks to my sister in law and a successful fishing trip. We grilled it with lemon pepper.

It was Quiz Night and WE WON!!!! First time this term and we finally beat The Microbes. It was a tie and we had a have a tie breaker question.

Go Foxy Morons!! :happy1:

We have thought of going with spray bottles of similar (or even just water and saying it was anti-bacterial stuff) and giving them a squirt but they are the type who would then sue us for assault :roll:

Grant has just won an Acer Ultrabook S3 with i5 processor and solid state drive (whatever that means) I gather they retail around $2,000 :happy2:

We have thought of going with spray bottles of similar (or even just water and saying it was anti-bacterial stuff) and giving them a squirt but they are the type who would then sue us for assault :roll:

They wouldn't seriously be able to do that though, surely? :o

Went to mow the lawn and discovered a very dead 8cm goldfish in the middle of the verandah &c:ry

The claw marks on the body give us an idea as to the culprit. Just have to narrow down which of the many cats (none of them ours) it was :oops:

Since we have never seen any cats take any notice of the fish I wonder if this one may have been ill and floated near enough for a curious cat to hook it out with ease. They did not eat it, just carried it several metres then left it for the ants :evil:

I'm sitting here wondering if someone is going to fix the time on the forum.

I assme this would mean all PM's are probably delayed too.

Sorry to hear about your goldfish Caryl.

My husband did the lawns hoping that the 2 magpies that have been hanging out in our backyard were not going to get him.

You fix the time yourself by going into the user control panel and altering it to allow for the change :wink:

The net was to keep a heron out but we don't have a problem with that now as the shrubbery has grown enough there is nowhere for it to perch.

I'm sitting here wondering if someone is going to fix the time on the forum.

I assme this would mean all PM's are probably delayed too..

Karina, the bit Caryl is referring to is in the board preferences, you need to turn Daylight saving off.

Yuck I have cross country tomorrow :an!gry :sick: :evil:

Me and a friend are walking it - so at least I'm walking with someone which means I hopefully won't get picked on...

What I really don't understand is when we are doing PE at school and I don't run, or hit the ball properly etc people get really mad at me, but what I do doesn't actually effect them in any way. Its almost like the fact that I am not putting any effort into PE "disrespects" it, and because they are obsessed with PE then it somehow offends them, making them want to swear at me, insult me and threaten me :-? And a lot of people don't like me just because I hate PE.

And I don't even understand why PE is compulsory at college. The way I see it is that for most people it is a hobby, for some it can be a job, but it is not an essential or important aspect that we need to have to get qualifications for jobs. For example it is like making Music compulsory - it won't help you in life unless that is what you are interested in. IMO the important subjects are Maths, English, Science, Health and Social Studies. None of the others are essential for your learning unless you are interested in that subject, or want to do it for a job. In PE we don't even get taught about how physical activity is important for our bodies etc, we just learn how to play games and sport, which is not essential for quailifications. And if I wanted to get fit I would just go walking every day :roll: Also we have to work in groups for a lot of other things in different subjects, so PE isn't really important for "team building" - we do it in lots of other things.

For some weird reason, it is most boys favourite subject. They seem to like it because they don't have to use their brains at all, and they just run around and chuck balls at stuff. I personally think that is sad. I would much rather be learing about the atmosphere in Science, or WW2 in Social Studies. I think that stuff is really fascinating, and I like being able to learn new and interesting things. PE is just a wasted two hours of each week that could be used for learning stuff that is actually going to help me in life.

People put value on things differently - that is what makes the world a diverse place. :wink:

I hated PE as well - always came last in cross country and was useless at most sport. Don't do anything along those lines now. I walked up the hill behind work last week to take some photos and it nearly killed me :slfg: There was a flyer for Akido at work the other day, may give that a go perhaps.