The What's Up? thread.

SamH

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't have those tests and I thought water quality would effect all fish equally not one at a time?

Some fish are more sensitive than others to specific things and Depends on what it is that is doing the damage... like I said before, you want a broad spectrum range of tests to try find what exactly is going on...

Some fish are more sensitive than others to specific things and Depends on what it is that is doing the damage...

It's puzzling though as it's one fish at a time so I have a feeling it's some sort of disease in the tank but it has no symptoms until a fish is gasping and on death's door. What else do I need to test for exactly?

If ammonia and nitrate are good it suggests an infection like Sam suggests and there aren't tests that can find that sort of thing are there? If the water is still the same old water as when the fish weren't dying the usual test kit isnt going to provide answers. Maybe you should medicate the tank for the most likely reason given the symptoms, and see if that helps.

must just be weak fish... :dunno:

Good point. Last year I lost both pairs of Apistogramma trifasciata that I bought from the original import, but the rest of my fish were fine. I had other Apistos and tetras in with them and usually if there was a disease it would affect them too, but it was just the tri's that died.

Good point. Last year I lost both pairs of Apistogramma trifasciata that I bought from the original import, but the rest of my fish were fine. I had other Apistos and tetras in with them and usually if there was a disease it would affect them too, but it was just the tri's that died.

That, and they could be in-bred till the cows come home... :dunno:

Counted at least 19 platy fry and most of the 19 guppy fry appear to be alive. If they all make it to adulthood my tank is going to be BUMPIN! :D

Anyone else have fry stories? Bonus points for livebearers 8)