The What's Up? thread.

SamH

I just got back from my fish binge weekend. I meet some super cool people and picked up some super cool fish,. This one is sitting up top of the cool list. Thanks Ron for the really good price on it and fixing me up with the plants

DSC01113_zps56e4a3fc.jpg

and a big thanks to Ade for putting us up! :thup:

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IMG_3276c_zps7460533a.jpg

Fairly set on this as the final hardscape, will plant heavily with stems, runners, java fern and moss under 4 x 3ft 30w tubes. Tank is 1800x600x500 (LxWxH mm) and will be running pressurised CO2 of course. Stocking will be general community fish, angels, gba, tetras, etc.

Changing here too - I've shut down my planted tank, sold some of the plants, and moved the rest into the riverbed tank. I've accidentally made quite a cool jungle and there are about 25-30 CPDs of various sizes in there. I will take a picture one day...

I watched a few young skinks here eat adult locusts and a cricket this afternoon, was intended as food for the parents, meanwhile the parents ate the mashed up baby food. wot the lol

nice tank li@m!

in other news. i just fed five big fat juicy snails to my blue tongue and he scoffed the lot, one by one, spitting out the shells. now he's fast asleep hehehe food coma 8)

they love them eh ... I was paying my mates kids 50cent each but they lost interest, lucky I got some locusts instead ... not the same though eh they love them snails.

Do they just crunch them up whole or do you have to break the shells for them?

generally crunch them until shell is removed then eat the rest. small snails sometimes go down whole though.

Need to get my A into G over the break and drain, clean and sell some tanks. Downsizing from around 16 tanks to just two, consolidating my collection into one 4ft aquarium and one high tech 60x30x30 planted aquarium. Anyone in Auckland looking for cheap glass tanks?