Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The What's Up? thread.

Featured Replies

I just got back from my fish binge weekend. I meet some super cool people and picked up some super cool fish,. This one is sitting up top of the cool list. Thanks Ron for the really good price on it and fixing me up with the plants

DSC01113_zps56e4a3fc.jpg

and a big thanks to Ade for putting us up! :thup:

  • Replies 5.5k
  • Views 532.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FudgeNov2013_zpsc5213627.jpg

Ben making fudge this weekend for my parents' church fund raiser. Have had to taste test them all too :bggrn:

There's 5 different flavoured fudges there. :thup:

  • 3 weeks later...

The tank is not the best to video from, no light, poly on top filter pipes everywere in front of it. But next time I will try.

If it maes the guppie bunch feel a bit better its the kinky backed seconds that a local breeder gives me not A grade stock.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

IMG_3276c_zps7460533a.jpg

Fairly set on this as the final hardscape, will plant heavily with stems, runners, java fern and moss under 4 x 3ft 30w tubes. Tank is 1800x600x500 (LxWxH mm) and will be running pressurised CO2 of course. Stocking will be general community fish, angels, gba, tetras, etc.

  • Author

Nope! I love my planted communities far too much. Plus I'm consolidating many of my smaller aquariums into this one, will probably end up having only 2 aquariums running.

Changing here too - I've shut down my planted tank, sold some of the plants, and moved the rest into the riverbed tank. I've accidentally made quite a cool jungle and there are about 25-30 CPDs of various sizes in there. I will take a picture one day...

nice tank li@m!

in other news. i just fed five big fat juicy snails to my blue tongue and he scoffed the lot, one by one, spitting out the shells. now he's fast asleep hehehe food coma 8)

I watched a few young skinks here eat adult locusts and a cricket this afternoon, was intended as food for the parents, meanwhile the parents ate the mashed up baby food. wot the lol

nice tank li@m!

in other news. i just fed five big fat juicy snails to my blue tongue and he scoffed the lot, one by one, spitting out the shells. now he's fast asleep hehehe food coma 8)

they love them eh ... I was paying my mates kids 50cent each but they lost interest, lucky I got some locusts instead ... not the same though eh they love them snails.

Do they just crunch them up whole or do you have to break the shells for them?

generally crunch them until shell is removed then eat the rest. small snails sometimes go down whole though.

  • Author

Need to get my A into G over the break and drain, clean and sell some tanks. Downsizing from around 16 tanks to just two, consolidating my collection into one 4ft aquarium and one high tech 60x30x30 planted aquarium. Anyone in Auckland looking for cheap glass tanks?

  • Author

Merry Xmas to me! Today is a big clean out day, photographing and listing most of the equipment shown here.

IMG_3291_zps3fc2ba82.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.