The What's Up? thread.

SamH

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We got a pic and a write up in the Otago Daily Times as our convoy headed through town. It was fine and sunny at the albatross colony but there was only one "chick" left. He is full sized and about to head off. Did you know, when an albatross first leaves the nest, it heads out to sea and does not go back to land for 5 years!!?? They do not start breeding until they are about 10 years old.

We also got to go down in the old gun emplacements and play with the Armstrong Disappearing Gun :happy1: We managed not to shoot the lighthouse too :wink:

When I woke up this morning I noticed a couple of plants floating in my tank. So I replanted them in a gap. But then they displaced the plants next to them. So I planted those in another gap. But they displaced the plants next to them. Pulling my hair out before I'd even left my room :nilly:

Sounds like fun Sam, that's why I went with sand this time as a substrate.

It's deep enough in most areas and it holds it well, just had a bit of slippage leaving some shallow areas where plants won't stay down :nilly: