The What's Up? thread.

SamH

I am down in Ashburton for the weekend. Its a gloriously hot sunny wind free day! We went to the Methven A&P Show today, its been at least 15 years since I went to a real show. It was great. My sons partner, 23 on Wednesday, had never seen a sheep being shorn before.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We got there at about 630 and the food aisles were busy - usually we wander about choosing and then duck into a gap between the tables in the middle to eat.

I don't find it too busy but the later you get there the busier it is, that's for sure

Got some ladies for my albino guppy. :happy2:

Downsizing was never going to work.

Finished putting together a stand for a three foot the other day, now it's filled with molly and platy fry. Leopard fish are super cute and happy, guppies are chasing each other, and I feel like i've spent enough time and money on fish this week to keep me happy until new fry come along.

:thup:

We had a Classic Car Show today. Any car could enter for a fee od $5 and the public could come and view them for a gold coin donation. All money to go to Marlborough Hospice.

We took the MX5 and Chrysler. A lovely, relaxing day chatting with lots of people. They had over 300 cars attend.

A few photos can be found here

Here is our 1928 next to some other old car. I think Grant said it was a 1978 Corvette 8)

DSC06261.jpg

bought myself 20kg of carol sand and 40kg of rock :D

slowly building up all the bits for making my tank into marine.

just need to sort out the final plan on stand, pickup sump tank and get get it plumbed up and baffled :D

Li@m, 15 years for a microwave is damn amazing. at that age it would be like losing a pet :(

Just had a small heart attack at the online quote for car insurance from AA. Fully licensed male 17 (18 in May) driver with a clean record needing insurance for a $5500 1.5L car. Let's just say with full cover for two years I'd have repaid the car :o

I saw that auction on TM, you realize it's not coral rock though? :o and some people recommend using no substrate for marines (not all just some)... You can always use it in freshwater anyway.

I'm hoping to use the sand in the marine, i have read some people say not to use it, but i prefer the look over a bare bottom.

didn't relies the rock was not coral, but not the end of the world :)

coral sand by itself is $12 per 2kg, so 20kg for $80 is a good price i think.

and the rock, could always find something to do with it hahaha :)

I'm hoping to use the sand in the marine, i have read somepe people say not to use it, but i prefer the look over a bare bottom.

didn't relies the rock was not coral, but not the end of the world :)

coral sand by itself is $12 per 2kg, so 20kg for $80 is a good price i think.

and the rock, could always find something to do with it hahaha :)

IMO i think it looks more real especially if your keep it clean :thup: