Want to be famous?

Jennifer

Are you dealing with an algae onslaught in your tank? Have you read algae treatment guides that really didn't seem to offer a workable treatment for dealing with your algae problem? Have you given up on planted tanks altogether becasue of all of the algae problems? Have you read 100's of queries on the forums over the years from people suffering from algae problems and wish that the answers could be simplified?

Do you want to be famous on the website/Aquarium World magazine with published photos? :happy2:

We are in need of some original images of freshwater tank algae for a guide that we are developing about identifying algae and dealing with algae problems. These photos need to be fairly good in terms of being able to clearly identify the type of algae and you need to own the rights to the images. You will get full credit for the photos (if you wish) when they are published on the website/magazine.

If you think you might have a good photo, send it to me now at the email below. The more photos we have, the better the resource we can develop and the sooner we can make it available for all to benefit!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you dealing with an algae onslaught in your tank?

Nope.

Have you read algae treatment guides that really didn't seem to offer a workable treatment for dealing with your algae problem?

Nope.

Have you given up on planted tanks altogether becasue of all of the algae problems?

Nope.

Have you read 100's of queries on the forums over the years from people suffering from algae problems and wish that the answers could be simplified?

Yup.

Do you want to be famous on the website/Aquarium World magazine with published photos? :happy2:

Nope.

Oh, wait, these were rhetorical questions? :sage:

Oh, wait, these were rhetorical questions? :sage:
I'm so glad I fought to get that smiley added, I had a feeling you would like it Ira. ;)

I can get clear photo's of green spot and dust algae if your interested, Personally I like algae growing on rockwork and wood - looks natural
Yes please!

I'll see if I can get some clear photos of the staghorn in mine now.
Excellent! Thanks!

All photos welcome!

I had some 'nice' BBA last week but it has died off somewhat this week, but I do have a small patch of short hair-like algae about 5mm long (Oedogonium?) that I'm growing slowly in my 50 odd L tank and some Spirogyra? in my bug tank.

EDIT: Oh and you are welcome to use any of the photos I have posted in the native section for the fish pages

I do have pics of green spot, but the fish detract from the algae - making it more a poor pic of a fish, than a good pic of the algae.
Send it, better than nothing!

Would this be green spot algae? It's the only algae I have.
No, not really. Nice pic tho. Green spot on the glass is more what I am looking for. Hard to get a good pic of it tho.

Send it, better than nothing!

No, not really. Nice pic tho. Green spot on the glass is more what I am looking for. Hard to get a good pic of it tho.

Best I could come up with. I can't remember the last time I had algae on the glass. It's been probably 7-8 years since I used an algae magnet.

Tried to email you pictures but email returns saying unable to deliver bla bla..

I used the email in your signature

Really? That's odd. Never had that happen before. Try the email address here: If that doesn't work, I will PM you an alternate address. Don't ask why I have so many email addresses either... :nilly:

BTW, thanks for the pic guys, keep 'em commin!

I have more email addresses than you, Jen!

And why do you post this AFTER I have just cleaned out my overlit tank of green hairy soup?

Also check you have not used up your mailbox allocation, you may need to shift a few things out.

I have more email addresses than you, Jen!

And why do you post this AFTER I have just cleaned out my overlit tank of green hairy soup?

Also check you have not used up your mailbox allocation, you may need to shift a few things out.

More than 5 email addresses?? Ugh...

Btw, I am sure you can scrounge up some algae to photograph for me!