I am trying the real plants thing now

mcrudd

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Crittercrazy the little puffers are going strong. Turns out I have two males, but they get along fine so no moving about now. Both are mature with wrinkles and lines they play well together, must be brothers :thup:

Update on my tank. Thinned out some plants to give my zebra loach and chocolate zebras some floorspace. When I did my waterchange some of the duckweed went down into the christmas moss and got stuck there, I think it looks nice, just not sure whether a floating plant will survive under water though :dunno: Well here is some pics, I am starting to like my tank very much :love:

001-6.jpg

002-4.jpg

Just thought I would add a pic of my new little tank that is going to house two little dwarf puffers from Saturday :happy2:

and my kids did the decoration of it :lol:

008.jpg

We are going to have this picture printed out on photo paper at Warehouse stationary as our background

spongebob-house.jpg

I saw those Spongebob decorations at Animates last Friday. I am thinking of getting some for the kids.

I saw those Spongebob decorations at Animates last Friday. I am thinking of getting some for the kids.

I would not advice it, they are now in my daughters room and she uses it as toys. They cause a horrible slime coating, not sure if its the resin they used, but I have scrubbed boiled and everything and it instantly causes the slime once they are back in the tank again

Spongebob Slimepants?

:sml1: yes something like that, I even left it in water for a week and once in the warmer tank water it was slimepants galore :facepalm: so now my puffertank has a whole new look that is not spongebob anymore

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
That is looking very nice mcrudd. How did the bristlenose fry destroy your other plants?

Thanks Caryl :wink: They were munching it or munching on the food that got stuck in the gravel against the plants and then they would munch right through the plants, and then my big bristlenose would chase them around and rip everything out. I think my tank was just to small for them all to live happily together, but now I have peace in my tank and the plants can grow again.

Ohk, good to see you having great success with your plants. I on the other hand am not. Tried planting a nano tank, got a good light, then it just got covered in brown algae, then blue green algae.

Transferred the plants to my big tank, but I don't think the lights are strong enough, and it just looks dumb. The twisted vals just wilt and die. :(

AWESOME tank :bow::bow::bow:

What is the substrate mcrudd????

Caper :P

Thanks Caper :wink:

Its called Midnight gravel http://www.trademe.co.nz/pets-animals/f ... 161611.htm I bought it from this auction by Petstuff, I think I needed a 25kg bag for my 160 litre tank. It is very different from the midnight gravel sold by hollywoods and animates, not the same at all :wink: Its lovely gravel and easy to keep clean, looks nice in the tank and brings out the fish's colours beautifully :thup: