I am trying the real plants thing now

mcrudd

Ok all, so wish me luck. I am trying the real plants thing in my fishtank. Now outside water I deffinetly don't have a green thumb, I just look at a plant and it will wilt and die, so lets hope ones in water is different :o

Here goes what I got on Day 1 :wink:

Sorry for pic quality but my camera is ancient and needs replacing :oops:

024.jpg

026-1.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best of luck! If you need any Indian fern I have plenty to spare, the stuff won't stuff growing! :o

I would be extremely thankful, just let me know how much. I paid 24 bucks for all of those in the tank with that animates special 6 for 12 dolars, so if they do die, then I did not spend a fortune :lol:

I would be extremely thankful, just let me know how much. I paid 24 bucks for all of those in the tank with that animates special 6 for 12 dolars, so if they do die, then I did not spend a fortune :lol:

Free! I got the original plants off Zev for free so all I ask is that you offer to pass them on when you get plantlets :)

Remove the lead plates if you haven't already done so. Good luck.

First thing I did, they were realy tight around the plants and I don't like lead in my tank, I weigh down veggies with little stainless rods my hubby made me at work.

Free! I got the original plants off Zev for free so all I ask is that you offer to pass them on when you get plantlets :)

Aww thankies, and yes I will promise to pass on free plantlets (if I am lucky to get some)

You'll get heaps o.O It grows in all of my tanks like mad.

That is brilliant to hear, so perhaps I can keep them alive :happy2:

fro somebody tht new to plants that looks pretty good to me how long r your lights on for

i also have some ambulia ccuttings u can have if u can also pick up

My lights are on from about 8am to 10pm everyday. I have both on since I got the plants, but I usually only used one for the fish and plastic plants. I will take a photo every week and see how it goes, I am hoping that they will grow nicely. Some cutlings will be brilliant thanks. The more the merrier :wink:

Some more photos and a super big thank you to ghostknife and samh for the beautiful plants they gave me :happy2:

001-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

003.jpg

004-3.jpg

and here is what it looks like from the side

005-1.jpg

I sincerely hope I remembered which ones had to be planted and which ones had to be pinched between rocks :o

Only got home about an hour ago and spoke to you guys this morning :wink:

All day doing fish stuff eh? :lol:

Those plants look really good, the difference between the first photo and the ones you just posted is amazing! You'll have a jungle in no time :o

Yes a big thanks to you and ghostknife the tank looks super now. :hail: I even used some in my new little tank I bought which I am going to put two little puffers in :happy2: Yes fishy stuff all day long, my kind of day :nilly:

Just thought I would add a pic of my new little tank that is going to house two little dwarf puffers from Saturday :happy2:

and my kids did the decoration of it :lol:

008.jpg

We are going to have this picture printed out on photo paper at Warehouse stationary as our background

spongebob-house.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
No worries Mel! I can see that the Water Sprite is really taking off :o

:happy2: Yes it loves my tank, all of them are massive allready. Even ones where it was like two little leaves that I planted are halfway up in lenth. I am a bit worried about my Ambulia though, its my favourite but is browning and dying, I am still keeping it in there though with the hope that it will just addapt and start growing :wink:

I have been reading up on my plants and Ambulia needs medium to low light, so that is why its dying cause I have both lights on from 8am to 10pm everyday. Watersprite needs high light so that is why its growing so quick, what to do what to do ? :roll: