illigel to feed live fish to other fish?

jarrodrussell

haha thats what i thought but my mate (im not gonna say who *cought fishie123*) insists its illigle because of he got told that in a fish shop

"Illigle"? Come on, seriously. :facepalm:

Animates acted like I was a monster because I wanted to feed my fish live insect larvae; there's no accounting for some people.

In the UK, the Animal Welfare Act 2006 prohibits deliberate and “unnecessary suffering” to animals, but contrary to widespread belief, it does not explicitly outlaw the feeding of live feeder fish to other fish. However, it does prohibit introducing two animals for the purpose of “fighting, wrestling or baiting”.[4]

Not the case in Nz but none the less could be fought by authorities here.

the end of the day, if you DID do it, who is gonna know.

how can they prove it.

you could be making false claims by saying your arowana eats mice

i suggest dont film it and put it up on you tube.

silly though.

i dont know why its against the law or what ever.

the end of the day, if you DID do it, who is gonna know.

how can they prove it.

you could be making false claims by saying your arowana eats mice

i suggest dont film it and put it up on you tube.

silly though.

i dont know why its against the law or what ever.

excactly!!! no ones gonna come into your home and watch you feed your fis just to find out if your feeding live fish i do it all the time with guppys :bounce: :bounce:

So when is a fish a fish.

Not the case in Nz but none the less could be fought by authorities here.

I just stripped a Red Empress after 8 days looking for Cuckoo syno fry.

There were no syno fry so I fed the eggs/fry back to tank.

Murderer? :dunno:

Even worse I was using Empress as a Surrogate Mother without even a mention of a contract.

Now I'm freaking she's going to go for custody of the syno fry. :facepalm:

Me and my girlfriend went to certain fish store in Albany to find some breeding pair of goldfish. So I could feed my Arowana. When i went there, I asked one of the staff member if they were old enough to sex for breeding. She replied, "Why do you need to breed them for" I think out of curiosity. I replied "I want to feed my Arowana". Then she looked at me with a disgusted face saying. "It is illegal to feed live fish to another fish under the animal welfare". So I immediately back off. As I didn't know what to reply. I assume she was right as she work in a fish store.

Jarod had an idea of feeding my arowana goldfish. So i told him what the person in a certain fish store told me. Didn't mean to have hate after mentioning what someone from the pet store told me. But no evidence has found to back her statement about feeding live fish. As I visited the animal welfare site and it doesn't have anything to do with gold fish.

nothing in animal welfare specifically on the issue

0 Obligation in relation to physical, health, and behavioural needs of animals

The owner of an animal, and every person in charge of an animal, must ensure that the physical, health, and behavioural needs of the animal are met in a manner that is in accordance with both—

(a) good practice; and

(b) scientific knowledge.

feeding live food would be supported by that but maybe in contravention of this

Wilful ill-treatment of animals

(1) A person commits an offence if that person wilfully ill-treats an animal with the result that—

(a) the animal is permanently disabled; or

(b) the animal dies; or

© the pain or distress caused to the animal is so great that it is necessary to destroy the animal in order to end its suffering; or

(d) the animal is seriously injured or impaired.

(2) For the purposes of subsection (1)(d), an animal is seriously injured or impaired if the injury or impairment—

(a) involves—

(i) prolonged pain and suffering; or

(ii) a substantial risk of death; or

(iii) loss of a body part; or

(iv) permanent or prolonged loss of a bodily function; and

(b) requires treatment by or under the supervision of a veterinarian.

(3) A person who commits an offence against this section is liable on conviction on indictment,—

(a) in the case of an individual, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years or to a fine not exceeding $100,000 or to both:

(b) in the case of a body corporate, to a fine not exceeding $500,000.

Compare: 1960 No 30 ss 2, 4; 1993 No 19 s 3(1).

Section 28: substituted, on 7 July 2010, by section 5 of the Animal Welfare Amendment Act 2010 (2010 No 93).

Me and my girlfriend went to certain fish store in Albany to find some breeding pair of goldfish. So I could feed my Arowana. When i went there, I asked one of the staff member if they were old enough to sex for breeding. She replied, "Why do you need to breed them for" I think out of curiosity. I replied "I want to feed my Arowana". Then she looked at me with a disgusted face saying. "It is illegal to feed live fish to another fish under the animal welfare". So I immediately back off. As I didn't know what to reply. I assume she was right as she work in a fish store.

Jarod had an idea of feeding my arowana goldfish. So i told him what the person in a certain fish store told me. Didn't mean to have hate after mentioning what someone from the pet store told me. But no evidence has found to back her statement about feeding live fish. As I visited the animal welfare site and it doesn't have anything to do with gold fish.

:lol: Some people just hate the idea of one animal eating another

Maybe they shouldn't sell bugs etc as live food? :nilly: