OMG L046 (Zebra Plecos)...

Windsparrow

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again joe you have totally missed the point.

As far as I am aware, I am the first person in many years to publicly post photo's of their L046 and all want to do is comment on the photo quality :roll:

thought the pics were good. theyve gotten bigger since i saw them !drool:

Thanks mate, Feel free to drop in anytime

Once again joe you have totally missed the point.

As far as I am aware, I am the first person in many years to publicly post photo's of their L046 and all want to do is comment on the photo quality :roll:

i happy you posted photo's.

And to me the quality of the photo's are fine

well done for posting photo's :happy1:

wow - absolutely stunnign kiwplymouth!

I look forward to the day when they are more available and cheaper to buy .. perhaps that day will never come but who knows. In the meantime I have to make do with my choc zebra, while pretty in itself no where near as dramatic. he's easy to spot though in the early evening when he comes out to play. I love my lil choc zebbie who is called ... "Zebbie" - lol. Only my fav fish get named now.

i would like to commend jim & KP for coming out & saying they have them, good on you guys for forking out the coin to get them & openly enjoying them.

nice pics KP, well done.

same here and for jim to be so kind and letting me come see them tomorrow :happy1:

loving the smilies lol

Thanks Smidey,

I have never been a fan of the "secret squirrel" mentality that often comes with the ownership of rare or endangered fish and/or reptiles.

For some this mentality comes from the fear of theft and is totally understandable.

For others, as Henward has mentioned these are a trophy fish that may offer a sense of eliteness or stature.

For me, these fish are purely a chance to... add to my pleco collection, challenge my skills at pleco reproduction,keep this species in NZ and make a little $$ if I'm lucky.

I too was guarded about the ownership of my L046 but as time has passed I have come to see that its no big deal.

I applaud Jim for being the first to publicly announce that he owned some, I wouldn't have posted my photos otherwise.

Thanks Smidey,

I have never been a fan of the "secret squirrel" mentality that often comes with the ownership of rare or endangered fish and/or reptiles.

For some this mentality comes from the fear of theft and is totally understandable.

For others, as Henward has mentioned these are a trophy fish that may offer a sense of eliteness or stature.

For me, these fish are purely a chance to... add to my pleco collection, challenge my skills at pleco reproduction,keep this species in NZ and make a little $$ if I'm lucky.

I too was guarded about the ownership of my L046 but as time has passed I have come to see that its no big deal.

I applaud Jim for being the first to publicly announce that he owned some, I wouldn't have posted my photos otherwise.

nicely said. We will have to drop in to see them again when we are down in Nelson soon.

Personally, I reckon the fact that people are willing to shell out such money for exotic and rare fish is a good thing. Hopefully if demand keeps up, the fishkeeping hobby in general will improve even more and beautiful fish won't carry such a hefty price tag. *fingers crossed*

IMO, 10cm is a little too small and the price tag is a little (understatement) too big for me, but I have to say that the coloration is spectacular..