Neophema pulchella breeding log (LOTS OF PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Joe

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK another floofie update;

Yesterday some visitors came round so I grabbed the floofies out to show them. Sadly one of them decided to make a dash for the air and jumped out of my hands so quickly I didn't have a chance to stop it. I returned it to the nest box and continued to handle the rest of the floofies, then put them back. When I check on the one that jumped later on, it was dead &c:ry RIP little floofie :cry:

On the bright side, at least I still have three... But four was better :tears:

Time for a floofie update :happy1:

They're 26 days old now :o They are all males, because they have the typical red feathers on the shoulder. I have already organised homes for two of them when they are ready to sell. I've decided to stop handling them every day because it wasn't achieving anything; they are not very tame at all, despite the fact that they have been handled every day from when they were about a week old.

Enjoy!! :D

Pics taken two days ago:

fantabulousphotos025.jpg

fantabulousphotos027.jpg

fantabulousphotos032.jpg

Pics taken today:

fantabulousphotos049.jpg

fantabulousphotos040.jpg

Yes they are getting much cuter and seem to have expressions.

This evening I was out for a walk in the park and walking along the grass was a family of 2 grown ups and 2 kids and they were walking along with a chicken chick. Wherever they went this little white chicken ran after them peeping. We went to see it and they picked it up and gave it to me for a stroke, it was their pet. It was hilarious to watch but it seemed rather dangerous as there are dogs about. The chicken didn't seem to care. It's body only just fitted in my hand, so it wasn't little-little but it had no head feathers to speak of yet. :happy2:

Yay, guess what? Flooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooofie update :love: :happy1:

Floofies are now 33 days old and they fledged from the nest this morning! :happy1: It was funny watching them flying around. They are ever so clumsy :lol: It just adds to their cuteness factor :love:

Here's a good pic. Enjoy :D

neophemapulchellaphotos.jpg

Agreed - it does seem quick but I can imagine the sort of care and attention they get and the good quality food. :D

Actually I removed the pellets after a week because they canaries tried to nest in the container :x But apart from that they got no special care, and I stopped handling them because they didn't like it; they became very streesed very fast. So it didn't have the desired effect, so I gave up. They only thing is that the food was good quality, but most people who care about their pets will go out of their way to pay a couple of extra dollars for better quality products :D Plus they got greens every now and then, and fruit. I'll put some more out for them later on :P

Turquoisines are very easy to care for and just as easy to breed.