6 foot planted tank

antwan

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking great ant! :D good to see you still rocking the awesome aquascapes. remember my red lotus? always did well under metal hallides. but i reckon cos you have red in the back left that any more red will jig-saw it up too much. how about a uruguayensis sword?

How about a normal green lotus? The large leaves would provide good contrast to the other plants. You could keep it cropped low and it would look nice and bushy.

Happy birthday by the way...although I guess it is 30 minutes past by now. 36.gif

Red or green lotus may work, getting more tempted the more I think about it. I used to have a red one in high school and it grew for a bit then randomly died off. That was under a halide too.

There's a uruguayensis sword in the right back corner, just waiting for it to grow big.

I think I have enough red plants at the moment phoenix, but thanks for the offer.

• 1 month later...

:-?

I rearranged the tank about a month ago and since then nothing has really grown much apart from algae. The algae has gone now but the plants aren't growing as much as they were, if any (not even pearling anymore :cry: ). So there's clearly something wrong with the diffusion of the CO2 even though nothing's changed.

So overall I'm pretty frustrated and hoping it will sort out soon. Maybe another rearrange over the long weekend...

Damn, thats no good. Barclaya would fill the void nicely :wink:

Did a rescape today and cleaned all the algae off the side and rear panels of glass. The tank looks much nicer now. I'm still forever in need of mid-ground plants though. They seem so hard to find.

Damn, thats no good. Barclaya would fill the void nicely :wink:

Did a rescape today and cleaned all the algae off the side and rear panels of glass. The tank looks much nicer now. I'm still forever in need of mid-ground plants though. They seem so hard to find.

What plants in particular are you looking for Ant?

I got some Crypt. walkeri from Organism, I like it. Also got 8 Columbian tetra's which are schooling nicely around the tank. I'll keep buying more every now and then until I'm happy with the school size. Had a deal for a cheap FX5 filter but looks like that has fallen through now :evil: so another thing to save for...

I'm picking up a co2 extinguisher tomorrow. If I get the handle changed to a standard screw valve is this all I need for the regulator/solenoid or is there a differing standard for screw fittings from overseas?