new planted setup

myfishybuisness

ok well i decide after seeing dbden 7ft planted tank i would like to try do one so here go

Tank : 120 x 45 x 45

Lighting : 4 T5HO 54W at the moments 4xwhite tube, but will be changing to 2x grow lux and 2x white

Filteration : a fluval 305 , soon to add an ehiem 2026 and maybe an internal filter later on

Plants : 2x amzon swords , 1x green tiger lotus , 20x pygmy chain swords , 40 stems of stairgrass, 15 stems of ambuila, some stag horn and some small crypts from dbden :bow: and some other sword cant rember the names of

Fish : 4X albino cories, 4xalbino sterbai cories,4x sterbai cories , 2x juli cories

2x brown long finned bristlenose, 4x albino longfinned bristlenose, 3x blackline flying foxes

7x electric blue rams , 1x pair of wild cockatoos, 6x rummey nose, 10x albino snakeskin guppies

2x blue diamond discus, 2x colbalt discus

I will up data as i think of it :wink:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow looking cool. It definately has a lot of potential :bounce: .

That's kind of like what I have, but you'll need more of a hardscape - driftwood, stones etc..

Your tank is nowhere near Dutch, it's just a big jungle! But a very, very cool jungle :D . I actually prefer your tank to a professional Dutch layout, because it looks so natural and I think its cool how there are all those catfish hidden away in there. It has inspired me heaps, and I'm now not convinced that an ADA-style tank is the best path for me, so I'm considering doing something like yours for my next large setup. :hail:

PB270014.JPG

the cories 4x sterbai, 2x juli, 4x albino sterbai, 4x albino

PB270016.JPG

the long finned bn pair, and 3 blackline flying foxes

PB270017.JPG

some albino male guppies and a 3/4 black male that im growning for show

PB270021.JPG

5 x electric blue rams and a pair of wild cockatoos

PB270022.JPG

the 6 rummery nose ( planning on breeding them)

PB270023.JPG

the 4 discus