new planted setup

myfishybuisness

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok , will try update with pics once a week or every second week from now on,was going to update tonight but fish are not out and about and are quiet shy, and the water have particales in it after my water change this afternoon, but i think the best pair of kribs are breeding in a peice of bamboo, ALL THE CORIES IN THE TANK SPAWNED THIS MORNING, the glass was covered in eggs, until the angels, kribs,cockatoos and bristlenose got them, i would swear there was over 600 eggs

Shame about the cory eggs getting eaten, I could have helped to re home some of them (my tank is always looking for free fish). If your kribs are breading I guess I will have to have some of them instead, If you dont let them get eaten...

Hahaha, joking.

Any way, looking forwards to the picture update, I am sure it will look good.

• 2 weeks later...

so on the weekend i sold a pair of kribs, now just have the dominant pair, was a mixed bag today....... finally got my regulator and all the free plants with it :lol: :bow: (p.s thanks to the seller) , but when i hooked it all up nothing happened,did everything right still nothing happened, so i took the regulator off and turned the tap to see if it had any pressure at all......... no , so looks like the co2 bottle i got had a slow leak or wasnt filled..... i wont name names because they might solve this problem :wink: , anyway i have some pics of what i have gone to the drift wood

P9100003.JPG

ambuias ?

P9100004.JPG

needle leaf java fern

Tm29PXR-

wido leaf java fern

P9100009.JPG

co2 regulator,solinoid, buble counter , (empty bottle :tears: )

P9100011.JPG

needle leaf planted at left end of lank on drift wood

P9100012.JPG

ambuias , planted like a tree

P9100013.JPG

widow leaf planted along right side of tank

please leave comments ,suggestions , im always looking to improve :D

• 4 weeks later...

ok , well its getting dark now so will start taking some pics soon, but i will give you a quick update of whats happening with the tank.

yesterday i fianlly got my new T5ho bulbs (54w , cool white 840 phillips) these are ok right?

also have gained alot more new plants some include red mac,christmas moss, val

will be removing all fish this week and setting up co2 , then only adding back ,my fancy cories i already have (exculding peppered long finns,bronze,albino,albino sterbai) and ( i have ordered 4 skunk cories, 4 Cory agassizi-sodalis from the new german import) also have order 30 harliquins, and i am looking into 3 solid red discus

Tank is looking really good, well done! Great carpet you have going there. 840's are 4000Kelvin, the spectrum of the sun (at midday at the equator) is 6500K or thereabouts and is what a lot of people tend to get. You can go as high as 10,000K, 18,000K even. I've only gone as high as 10,000K and it looks nice over a planted tank. People have had great results with the higher kelvin bulbs but 865's (6500K) will do you pretty well.

Tank is looking really good, well done! Great carpet you have going there. 840's are 4000Kelvin, the spectrum of the sun (at midday at the equator) is 6500K or thereabouts and is what a lot of people tend to get. You can go as high as 10,000K, 18,000K even. I've only gone as high as 10,000K and it looks nice over a planted tank. People have had great results with the higher kelvin bulbs but 865's (6500K) will do you pretty well.

:hail::hail::hail::hail: thank you very much for that