myfishybuisness

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so now that tank has:

2 albino angels

2 marble veiltail angels (babies)

2 male/female pairs of kribs (thanks david they are awsome)

1 pair of triple red cockatoos

1 male electric blue ram

6 albino sterbai cories

4 albino cories

4 sterbai cories

2 juli or tri... a somethings?

4 smudge spot cories

4 long finned peppered cories

1 male bronze cory

6 rummery nose

1 BREEDING :nilly: PAIR OF BROWN LONG FINNED BRISTLENOSE

7 albino long finned bristlenose

AND THATS IT :rotf: :cofn: , well until my 8 aggazzis grow up and i can move them to this tank :thup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

updata time, my pair of kribs have managed to raise the babies in the tank up till today when i stole them :lol: :roll: , and the long finned bristlenose have been growing well, i will be cleaning the tank tomoro, as its abit over grown for pics :slfg: , and on negative note both my T5HO 54W tubes are stuffed, and the price for good ones at hwff is $96ea, which is ok if you have a deep tank and need the extra punch but mines only 45cm deep, so do i really need the expensive ones or can i get away with cheaper ones ? oppions , experience?

and on negative note both my T5HO 54W tubes are stuffed, and the price for good ones at hwff is $96ea, which is ok if you have a deep tank and need the extra punch but mines only 45cm deep, so do i really need the expensive ones or can i get away with cheaper ones ? oppions , experience?

The price has nothing to do with how bright the tubes are and what height they are rated for. In fact as far as I know tubes aren't rated for particular aquarium heights. Cheap ones are probably a waste of money because cheap = bad quality usually. And the more expensive ones are most likely more expensive because they are better quality, and usually they have much nicer colours too. If I were you I'd get a couple of PowerGlos. They're good quality, great for growing plants and they will make the colours of your fish look nice too :)

HTH.

There are pros and cons with the fancy tubes but there are plenty of us that grow amazing plants under ordinary cheap Daylight tubes. Proof is in the pudding! With that shallow tank, I personally think you would be fine with either option.

• 1 month later...

ok, sorry guys havent updated in a long time, but heres some updates ive taken and havent posted

P8100140.JPG

female cockatoo

P8120192.JPG

her mate

P8120194.JPG

the kribs

P8120195.JPG

albino angel, getting in the way :facepalm:

P8120196.JPG

big boy krib

P8120205.JPG

before today, when i changed it up

P8250218.JPG

5mins ago

P8250222.JPG

added some more "roots"

MyFishTank?authkey=Gv1sRgCLS5wbH62YG9JA#5645430114737477106

long finned bn getting ready to breed

P8250223.JPG

high finned pepper cory

Love love LOVE the new layout :hail:

thanks, and its still going to get better, i will be removing the angels, adding 4 discus (which i said id never have again) 2 white faced red melon, and 2 high finned blue diammond, also some electric blue rams, and a large school of tetras (any suggestions, im wanting something different , with some red or bright colour in it?)