Another way to make a Bogan cry

bulldogod

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently pics are away in external hard-drive which is in the shop, but here is a forum it was featured in http://www.jascoautomotive.com/forum/vi ... .php?t=452 have a nosey!

you have done a huge amount of work to achieve that, well done. My work mate has a RX2 coupe which is pretty cool, i would own one but they are near the bottom of a long list of toys.

Personally if I was to go through all the effort to do a big conversion, I would go V8 over rotary any day of the week, couldn't stand the brap brap brap all day long.

Also if you have your sources they alot cheaper

ie: 1uzfe, front sump and box, $800, supra manual box, $80, fitter turner friend to make adapter plate and do mounts, couple boxes of beer...

Now for the courier or navara D/c to put them into.... *drool*

Personally if I was to go through all the effort to do a big conversion, I would go V8 over rotary any day of the week, couldn't stand the brap brap brap all day long.

Also if you have your sources they alot cheaper

If cheap power is your think a 1/2JZ toyota motor would probably be a better option again, 5-600hp on stock internals isn't too difficult, or expensive.

Oh, and not all rotaries go brap brap...

*sigh*, that is the exact kind of moronic thing that really grinds my gears.

Do you actually know what displacement is? Could you tell me the virtual displacement of a 2JZ running 25psi boost?

:roll:

Probably...What's the post intercooler air temp?

some simple dollar values that make this car great

I also have a 4x4 nissan terreno

I do about 400 Kms per week

cost of fuel for one week in the nissan $130

cost of fuel for one week in the Move $42

savings per week $88

$88 x 40 = $3520

(I use the Nissan about 12 weeks per year)

cost of Move $3900 4 years ago

savings roughly $10,000 in 4 years

now what does $10,000 buy ???

I totally agree barrie

up until xmas i had a 2 door laser with a 1.5 injected engine which i used simply as a run around to work & golf as it was small & economical. i have a v8 i drive when i want a hoon, tow a trailer or carry the family.

Yes, I must admit I was in that camp, still dont like jap cars and find it hard to class any as classic but my kids love them and Now I see cars that someone has put heaps of time, money , love into and gota give them credit for that. Not mentioning any names , cough, cough repto, but others think that my car is piece crap and thats cool but I love it and will continue improving it. Differant strokes, differant folks,There was a old toyota crown down Beach Hop and it almost looked like it belonged.,

Japanese reliability, economy and handling? :wink:

I can't stand people that get all passionate about one make/style of car and bag on anything different, IMO it just shows their ignorance and stupidity. I'm a honda guy so have been on the receiving end of a fair bit of stick from munters, and the funny thing is that most of the honda geeks I know have the broadest tastes in cars. Just a look at the NZHondas "f-ing sweet car pics thread" or the Circle Jerk Crew blog shows appreciation for all things automotive from race cars to rat rods, show cars, street cars and just about everything in between.

Really, anyone who claims to be into classic cars and can't feel the love for something like this just because it comes from Japan isn't really into classic cars....

http://ll.speedhunters.com/u/f/eagames/ ... 10-003.jpg

gahdangstupidbloodyimagesizerestriction!!!*#&^$&%*^$*#(!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Now I see cars that someone has put heaps of time, money , love into and gota give them credit for that.

Thats pretty much it for me too, I'm not really into excessively modified things (be it hotrods or overdone riceburners), prefer restored classics and tasteful subtle modifications that enhance the look/feel of the car rather than butcher it into something completely different, but I can still look at and appreciate the work that goes into a highly customised rod...

you're dead right. more power! :lol: :hail::D

And since 2006 F1 cars have been regulated to 2.4L V8, as opposed to the gruntier 3L V10's.

F1 probably wasn't the best example given the strict restrictions, have a look at the lap times for the Nurburgring, top two times are set by a car using a 2.6-2.8L V8 motor (Radical SR8), the dodge viper ACR with all its 8.4L displacement is a full 24 seconds slower....