Another way to make a Bogan cry

bulldogod

heh.

Another thing I love when it comes to cars is sleepers. Cars that are way faster than they look like they should be. Imagine having this thing keeping up with your viper...

this is what i like, my ss is a VN (91) which is pretty standard looking but has a 300kw engine & 13 inch wilwood rotors & 4 pot calipers. it has surprised many a new SS or XR8 & one GTP 8)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few more:

IMG_1244.jpg

Built B-series motor and close ratio box, loads of aftermarket suspension parts all painted black to look stock, would surprise a heck of a lot of people...

Something local:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a376/ ... els001.jpg

4g63 (evo/vr4 motor) 220kw at the back wheels....

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a376/ ... cts002.jpg

More details please ira!

There aren't really many details published. The motor is a Netgain Warp 11 Series Wound DC, the batteries are 12 odyssey PC2150s.

So the following is based on that little information: the battery pack is about 144volt 85 amp hour. Spec sheet for the motor is at 72 volts but gives a peak of 450 amps. At double the voltage current would be about double so about 4x the power. Taking into account motor efficiency it is probably about 130ish hp at the motor shaft.

Also, the batteries would weigh about 425kg and cost about $6000NZ

That would kill a sr20 out of the corners david(the electic, not simons pimp machine)

you could do better battery wise for the same $ if you know where to look.

Iv got a friend doing FSAE in Melbourne, 600nm in a sub 300kg chassis.

That would kill a sr20 out of the corners david(the electic, not simons pimp machine)

you could do better battery wise for the same $ if you know where to look.

Iv got a friend doing FSAE in Melbourne, 600nm in a sub 300kg chassis.

Pricewise, using normal retail prices on reasonable quality cells...

For equal voltage and capacity:

The lead acids are $4200 US weighing 424 kg

A123s would need 40s38P so 1520 cells at about $7600 US weighing 106 kg

D cell NIMHs would be 120 in series, 8 parallel for 960 total at $1100 weighing 157 kg

Some Priuses and other hybrids essentially use D cell Nimh packs. At first they seem like the winner by far... Except the lead acids can produce 1000+ amps easily, the A123 pack would be rated to about 1100 amps but the nimh would be rated to 240 amps. So you'd need 4 times the batteries working out to $4400 US and 628kg. So 50% heavier than the lead acids for the same current, but then you have 4 times the capacity. But that's a LOT of weight and range likely isn't their primary concern.

Even with 400kg of battery?! I find it hard to believe tbh, and even if it did how long do the batteries cost? And I'd rather spend $80 on gas and be able to go again in 2 minutes rather than $2.50 and not being able to use my car for half a day...

Pricewise, using normal retail prices on reasonable quality cells...

For equal voltage and capacity:

The lead acids are $4200 US weighing 424 kg

A123s would need 40s38P so 1520 cells at about $7600 US weighing 106 kg

D cell NIMHs would be 120 in series, 8 parallel for 960 total at $1100 weighing 157 kg

Some Priuses and other hybrids essentially use D cell Nimh packs. At first they seem like the winner by far... Except the lead acids can produce 1000+ amps easily, the A123 pack would be rated to about 1100 amps but the nimh would be rated to 240 amps. So you'd need 4 times the batteries working out to $4400 US and 628kg. So 50% heavier than the lead acids for the same current, but then you have 4 times the capacity. But that's a LOT of weight and range likely isn't their primary concern.

Deep cycles gel's 8)

IE kinetics or optimas