Another way to make a Bogan cry

bulldogod

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the yanks haven't built anything that can handle corners.

Vipers & Corvettes will handle corners just fine.

The legendary GT40 and the new GT handles really really well, not to forget the cadillac CTS?

Although I suppose now we can have the "those aren't real American cars" argument. :lol:

oh and what you lose in the corners, you make up for in the straights :D

small turboed engines are great, large turboed engines are better. turbos make up for things that are lacking.

Vipers & Corvettes will handle corners just fine.

The legendary GT40 and the new GT handles really really well, not to forget the cadillac CTS?

Although I suppose now we can have the "those aren't real American cars" argument. :lol:

the corvettes either still have rear leafs or recently had them, that is rubbish suspension.

they do have some that handle but there are only a small few that do out of how many models that have been made? :)

I think they fixed the 'truck' suspension. Newer corvettes may even have the magnetic suspension :D

lets not forget the SSC Aero and the Saleen S7 (*want sooo bad!).

so not all american cars die in a corner.

Personally I prefer exotics, and some old American muscle cars.

oh and what you lose in the corners, you make up for in the straights :D

You have obviously never driven a car on a race track....

no, 3 of them don't :lol: . as a generalisation, american cars don't handle. a generalisation of jappas is that they do handle well. there will always be very tiny percentages of the opposing. :)

Pretty much. So what makes a car good then? All comes down to personal taste I guess, its about as pointless as argueing that south american cichlids are better than africans. :wink:

Pretty much. So what makes a car good then? All comes down to personal taste I guess, its about as pointless as argueing that south american cichlids are better than africans. :wink:

it is totally. each have their own strengths which is why there are so many different classes of racing.

my SS has has $35K spent on making it go faster so as commodores go it is a weapon. The last track day i went to i was lapping slightly faster then a series 6 rx7 which was mildly modified so in the scheme of race cars my SS isn't that fast but a rx7 with $35K of mods i won't be able to touch. personal taste, i like my commie as it is more versatile, i can tow trailers & carry five people so that is a plus for me.

so as a side note,what car holds the lap record for nuremburg,with all "those pesky corners

'?

A Radical something or the other. engine based from a motorcycle (or is it 2 hayabusa's?)

as i said, first real car to get a time is the viper. :lol:

The list is here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C3%BCrburgring_lap_times

Has the Veyron ever been on Nurburgring?

Yeah it was not that impressive, hardly surprising, the main feature of the veyron is being able to boast at the pub you have a car with 1000hp that does 400kmh, ideal for impressing "no replacement for displacement" types who don't know much about cars or motorsport. SR8 owner "my car only makes 380hp but it has a six-speed sequential gearbox and a torque-biasing limited-slip dif, and it only weighs 650kg", veyron owner "my car has 8 turbos and a thousand horsepower and a seat for my trophy wife" drunk leghumpers at the pub "gah yeah veyroon thousand horsepower, 400kmh, must be the fastest car in the word, nothing could beat that".

:lol:

P44 have a read about the Powertech motors if you have can be bothered, yeah they only displace 2.8L and use the heads of a motorbike engine, but with an over-square bore:stroke ratio and 13.5:1 compression the 2.8L RPB makes 450hp!! A pretty impressive piece of engineering regardless.

http://www.powertecengineering.com/pdf_ ... engine.pdf

And there is no arguing that the sound they make is bordering on sexual;

The thing I like about cars like the SR8 (and hate about most supercars post the F40) is that they are purely built for driving fast, which is really the what its all about IMO. No stereo, no creature comforts, no computers controlling how much torque goes to each wheel, you actually need some skill (and balls!) to drive them fast. There's a guy who has brought his Westfield XTR to a couple of the honda club track days at Taupo, and it just looks like so much fun to drive, like a go-kart on steroids.

And here's another insane clip of a hill climb in one of those little "engine with legs" cars (Norma M20, using a motor from an M3 BMW);

Madness!!

[

Yeah it was not that impressive, hardly surprising, the main feature of the veyron is being able to boast at the pub you have a car with 1000hp that does 400kmh, ideal for impressing "no replacement for displacement" types who don't know much about cars or motorsport. SR8 owner "my car only makes 380hp but it has a six-speed sequential gearbox and a torque-biasing limited-slip dif, and it only weighs 650kg", veyron owner "my car has 8 turbos and a thousand horsepower and a seat for my trophy wife" drunk leghumpers at the pub "gah yeah veyroon thousand horsepower, 400kmh, must be the fastest car in the word, nothing could beat that".

:lol:

I think I love you... :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

hahahah

I'd like to see what the FXX does on that circuit.

Again, those "cars" like the sr8 and the sr8LM -they're not even really cars... they're just blah.. i dunno, i don't like em. just doesn't do it for me, but im glad that you like them.

give me a zonda f any day.

Nothing sounds better than the likes of a koenigsegg ccxr, zonda f, ferrari FXX. I like my cars having gizmos and gadgets and don't see the point in paying 200k for a tin can with a motorcycle engine.

Nothing sounds better than the likes of a koenigsegg ccxr, zonda f, ferrari FXX. I like my cars having gizmos and gadgets and don't see the point in paying 200k for a tin can with a motorcycle engine.

Yeah fair enough, the koenigsegg ccxr is one of the few modern super cars I'd buy if I won lotto. Certainly having some creature comforts (like a roof and a windscreen!) make all the difference in the car being a practical useable road car rather than a road-legal track car, its things like the electronic traction control and power distribution on the Enzo that remove the need to have some skill to handle it that I don't like. Those carbon fibre tin cans with highly engineered custom motors that use a couple of parts from a motorbike engine are actually quote affordable (compared to a supercar) IIRC the guy with the Westfield XTR was looking at a Radical but said it was a bit pricey at $125k with all the options he wanted.