Pricing of Australian Bearded Dragons - Colours

reptilenutt

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mention a few breeders? So do you know if anyone is breeding for specific colours? I am still looking for different lines.

There are always people who think they can make money from a "hobby" I figure you are lucky if your "hobby" can just cover the costs of the hobby, but hey that's just my thoughts.

Good ones will always probably sell first, and a good reputation is only as good as the people who believe it. Price not withstanding, of course.

Now that there is a few breeders around it will go in cycles like most things. There will be people who think they can make money in a year when the demand is high so they will flood the market the next year and the price will go down again---just like spuds. As always even if the price is down the ones that will sell are the good ones from people with a good reputation from when the price was up or down.

So still a loss, that must have hurt! What happened?

Good on you for not dealing with stolen lizards!

What's the problem repto? Or maybe you might need to get a bit of factual information?

Or were you refering to someone in particular?

67 babies from 68 eggs last time I think?/also do not deal in stolen lizards,

Right one less to feed? that's an interesting way of putting it...

So you farmed out the babies? So that means someone ELSE raised them, not yourself? and the end result was, SOMEONE else managed to get them raised to a healthy age?

Can I have their phone number then? They might be able to give me a few tips

Hey I can't wait to see how I get on myself........, as for the hatching, well here's hoping, and fingers and toes crossed LOL

If I lose some, it will be a loss, but one I am sure I will learn from after all, it's about learning and getting the best results, at least the incubators are full with fertile eggs, which is an excellent start!

not really,I was glad of one less to feed,Had to farm them out to raise all of them but was quite happy with end result and never lost one tail tip or toe nail.lets see how you get on?.......if you manage to hatch one?

Good to see you don't look into your past to closely, there seem to be some rather LARGE skeletons in your closet too ......

LOL

Shame when someone knows your origins huh...

a public forum is not the place to discuss our personal differences, it is supposed to be all about the hobby

oh okay

Sorry new to talking in the forums normally i just read them

thought i might finally be able to get one

um snake that is

:D very good

refers to 67 babies raised out of 68 eggs, a good strike rate

if you read the previous posts

as far as i am aware no snakes in nz, though there are always rumours

yeah I know, but thought maybe it had been changed you know the law

thinking of going to oz got family over there surfers and melbourne

um should i start another thread thing to ask which part of oz is best to go to ? do you think someone would no?

not really the sort of thing to be wanting on a public forum

snakes are illegal to own in nz

an unwanted organism

Thanks for the reality check.

Much appreciated.

, can we now get back to the original thread.

Is anyone breeding Australian Bearded Dragons for colours? If so, what colours?

I am really interested in getting a valid breeding program going.

jeez whats with repto and reptilenut, should i get in a marriage counselor? as LivingArt said this is a public forum for us to talk about our hobby not our differences, if i wanted to watch your pathetic little argument repto & reptilenutt i'd watch jerry springer

Is anyone breeding Australian Bearded Dragons for colours? If so, what colours?

I am really interested in getting a valid breeding program going.

I know people who are breeding high red dragons together and are getting good results same with high yellows, the problem we face here in nz is that we dont have enough of a particular colour dragons to create variation which is why the hatchlings end up dying soon after. IF you can get say 3-4-5 dragons of the colour your wanting breed them, then breed their hatchlings together, then hopefully you will get you desrired colour. Its all a case of genotype and phenotypes.

I wish you luck and i dont think you'll have any problems starting a breeding program.

Ryan

yeah I know, but thought maybe it had been changed you know the law

thinking of going to oz got family over there surfers and melbourne

um should i start another thread thing to ask which part of oz is best to go to ? do you think someone would no?

No chance that the law will ever change, zoos cant keep them so we will never keep them.

There is no requirement in the rules for members to be friendly, there is however to be civil, not to personally attack members, and not post to create reactions. A number of posters in this thread are walking very close to the line, if it continues down this path it will locked, and I might start issuing warnings.

Come on guys if you can't play nice, maybe you shouldn't play at all.

• 1 month later...