Pricing of Australian Bearded Dragons - Colours

reptilenutt

I understand that you can get different coloured Australian Bearded Dragons .. like normal (Dark Brown )

Light Orange, Yellow right up to a Dark Reds ...

If so, what are the chances of getting the different colours? Does anyone know who is breeding for the colours?

Also would anyone know, what the expected price would be for each colour?

If there is a difference at all in the cost ... ??

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that there are some very well coloured beardies about and that some people have had problems breeding some of them as well. I guess any reptile is worth what someone will pay for it but the value would drop off considerably if they do not want to breed. Of course if they were well coloured and bred well the value would be great until the market was saturated (and with beardies that wanted to breed that would not take long).

I have been offered very intense red bearded females but the were not breeding and offspring in the past had died at an early age. One was also getting past breeding age. They had been mated with a very yellow male but to my knowledge produced no young. Good to look at but not worth a lot to anyone who wanted to breed them.

I would have to agree with that but the price was a bit high for me and it was a package deal. There were only 2 out of 5 that I was interested in but it was a very expensive complete package so not worth the risk for me considering the history. I hope a bigger gambler than me was successful and produced some healthy red offspring. I have not seen any advertised.