Who has what tropheus?

smidey

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would agree with that article

some fish or animals when breeding will only do it with another of the same patterning or colour

some don't care :wink:

i remember reading a scientific article once on a species of bushbabies

where it was found the ones that lived in the tree canopy had a slightly different call to the ones that lived lower down

further studies revealed that they were 2 seperate sub species that couldn't interbreed as they had different shaped genitals

nature is a wonderful beastie :o

Ikola and pembas would cross breed wouldn't they

yes as far what I've read.

But then 5 or 6yrs ago when a 'dub' was exotic and knowlege was limited these things were not well known. Still looked awesome though.

Even now our tropheus stocks here are mostly blacks.

Back in those days we also put heaps of current into our plec tanks also because we thought that would make them breed.

remember reading a scientific article once on a species of bushbabies

where it was found the ones that lived in the tree canopy had a slightly different call to the ones that lived lower down

further studies revealed that they were 2 seperate sub species that couldn't interbreed as they had different shaped genitals

man has different shapped genitalia than woman and those to species cross breed ..hells bells sometimes they even cross dress to make matter worse.

Thank God she lets us practice to make sure we get it right tho eh

• 2 months later...
I recently brought some of Johannes's fish

-13 ikola

-4 caramba

-1 duboisi

Theyre in a 400L 4 foot tank with 4 leleupi

planning on moving them into a bigger tank when they grow

i would suggest you do some research on aggression & then hybridisation of tropheus. the dub & ikolas will be fine in the numbers you have but the carambas will soon have the same number as the dubs i would say. what size are they?

Yes,i know they need to be kept in decent sized groups to spread aggression ,the dub was alone,4 caramba all that was available in that particular sized group ,ikolas,dub @4cm ,caramba@2cm .I will look to add more dubs when i see them for sale at the same size,doubt i will be able to find more caramba however

if you are lucky with the caramba you may have a male & 3 female but if you don't you will be more than likely to have one once they start competing for domination. if they do survive i would think they will cross with the ikola which isn't the end of the world, unless you were thinking about selling any fry you get.

good luck getting more dubs, it's often the case of one or one dozen that makes sucessful troph keeping.

i suggest you get more or there is a high chance one caramba will kill the others. it seems you have been put in a tough situation by the seller.

:evil: :evil: What ever best you get the facts before you go on you slandering trip again I will no longer be accepting you rubbish regarding Our Tropheus the price or size we sell them at.

The facts

We have 2 lots 12 fish for sale yes one member bought 8 so yes 4 were left they were smaller so we put them up as a group of 4.

The member out of his own bought them I did not ask him and yes there are more if he wants to buy more I am reporting this as a personal attach on us yet again. If you DONT KNOW DONT GO assuming !!!!! :x

:evil: :evil: What ever best you get the facts before you go on you slandering trip again I will no longer be accepting you B shit regarding Our Tropheus the price or size we sell them at.

The facts

We have 2 lots 12 fish for sale yes one member bought 8 so yes 4 were left they were smaller so we put them up as a group of 4.

The member out of his own bought them I did not ask him and yes there are more if he wants to buy more I am reporting this as a personal attach on us yet again. If you DONT KNOW DONT GO assuming !!!!! :x

:lol:

firstly. i said, as you have quoted the seller may. :D

secondly. if i was the seller i would ask a purchaser enquiring about 4 trophs if they already have any of these as four is not enough for a group. I wouldn't sell four trophs to someone without questioning why they wanted only four but if you wish to sell without asking then that is up to you if it's only about getting the $ & not about ensuring the fish & new owner will be fine dealing with them.

slander price size

this is a discussion forum, discussions regarding anything about tropheus on here are not always about you.

:roll: :roll: Get your facts you right you have no idea what was said between me and the buyer or what his situation is right now.

LOL you said it seems you have been put in a tough situation by the seller NOT MAY

I have 2 small colonies of just 6 fish each Adults with very little aggression. Yes with the likes of Ikola i suggest the more the better because I have witnessed it first hand in my fish room not from the web, .... but not every Tropheus and you need to know we have the Tropheus breeding living in our tanks we KNOW what species do what. you cannot always trust what you read on the American forum as the gospel. My buyers are well informed with the facts of keeping breeding TROPHEUS first hand

so are you saying, as the four grow up they will be fine together? there is no way you can know that & is irresponsible of you as a "breeder" to do so.

it may only work if he ends up with 1 male, can you confirm this with the 4 you sold him?

you can say what you like but selling someone 4 tropheus, IMO shows no regard for the welfare of the fish or does it help someone that may not know any better.

the facts are that cichlid_fan now has 4 trophs of one type, he/she now needs to increase the numbers or run a very high risk of it turning out having 3 of the 4 dead. can you say that this is a good outcome for cichlid_fan? this is no diferent to a pet store selling someone a baby oscar or similar for a 60L tank, fine when they are small but just wait & see what happens when they start maturing.

cichlid_fan So sorry

But this member is having a baby soon they know we have more fry for sale and yes they know they can get more at a later stage and yes as you can see he has 13 Ikola so he was giving all the info he needed. You will also notice i sell my fry in groups of 10 and 12 were available some time smaller buy no less than 8 some of them. Some people only want 6 or 4 or 2 its up to them and its there choice i cannot make them buy more if they want them for display so be it I also sell per fry 1 some time they buy more just recently i have had a person only buy one he only wanted one.

Its also recommend that you should buy once and let them grow together well I can tell you that dose not always happen.

I have all the needed info they make the choices :roll:

YOU CAN SAY WHAT YOU LIKE The right info was give YOU NEED TO KNOW THAT THERE ARE OTHER CONTRIBUTING FACTS BRFORE YOU GET ON YOU HIGH HORSE AND POINT FINGERS

not all info i have is from public posts :wink: & all i suggested was cichlid_fan get more. the rest of that sentence is what my opinion was based on the i had as THIS IS A DISCUSSION FORUM.

i suggest you get more or there is a high chance one caramba will kill the others. it seems you have been put in a tough situation by the seller.

then you started on about nothing we were discussing which seems to me has caused you to get flustered & make me laugh alot. :)

:evil: :evil: What ever best you get the facts before you go on you slandering trip again I will no longer be accepting you rubbish regarding Our Tropheus the price or size we sell them at.

JV did give me good advise(as they always have in past dealings also),it was my decision to take 4. As far as I am concerned,they are awesome fish hobbyist's.and i am sure i am not the only one that thinks that.

The topic title is 'who has what tropheus?'' ,I understood it as a discussion of seeing how many people kept tropheus,and which varieties ,that is why i posted what i have.I wasn't intending to get an arguement going,sorry.

man... you guys really need to stop fighting over this topic over and over again.. its going to stop people from posting and interacting positively.

as i read it johannes did not hold a gun to any one's head and force them to buy one fish. and if the buyer wants to only buy one fish, you can't stop them from doing that; and who are we to force our moral beliefs on someone else?

Live and let live people.

sadly almost all the african fish threads on here seem to follow the same trend. first positive, then caution about hybrid this, hybrid that, then name calling followed out by all out war. :lol:

*catfish are soooo much nicer :lol: