Who has what tropheus?

smidey

JV did give me good advise(as they always have in past dealings also),it was my decision to take 4. As far as I am concerned,they are awesome fish hobbyist's.and i am sure i am not the only one that thinks that.

The topic title is 'who has what tropheus?'' ,I understood it as a discussion of seeing how many people kept tropheus,and which varieties ,that is why i posted what i have.I wasn't intending to get an arguement going,sorry.

some loose it, get emotional & argue but discussions are good, we all have differing ideas & conflict happens. that is life :)

at the end of the day, you still need to increase your numbers or you will end up with less. :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a difficult one and one of those ethical decisions.. I know when I sell demasoni I stress to people that you should have 12 minimum but some people come back and say they know this and they are happy to take xx number of them. I point out it is very likely that they will end up with 1 and they say they are happy to take the risk. Smaller colonies of these do work sometimes but it is only the very luck who end up with 1m and multiple females that have it work.

End of the day you can only do so much I had one guy buy 2 demasoni off me with me kicking and screaming telling him not to, he ended up with a pair that breed successfully for him a few times but eventually the male got the female he used to come out to me and wind me up telling me my dems were super aggressive but had to come back and admit I was right :)

Well i for one have found Johannes Visser to be outstanding in regards to advice on keeping tropheus. He was happy to call me after hours and spent at least an hour on the ph with me going through all the things i need to no from feeding to water quality rite through to which ones are best suited together etc and on top of that it was costing him money as it was a toll call. Just thought i should put a buyers point of view forward.

The topic title is 'who has what tropheus?'' ,I understood it as a discussion of seeing how many people kept tropheus,and which varieties ,that is why i posted what i have.I wasn't intending to get an arguement going,sorry.

man... you guys really need to stop fighting over this topic over and over again.. its going to stop people from posting and interacting positively.

who are we to force our moral beliefs on someone else?

Live and let live people.

sadly almost all the african fish threads on here seem to follow the same trend. first positive, then caution about hybrid this, hybrid that, then name calling followed out by all out war. :lol:

i suggest you get more or there is a high chance one caramba will kill the others. it seems you have been put in a tough situation by the seller.

:roll: :roll: So how did we not inform them??? how did we put them in a tough situation ?????

JV did give me good advise(as they always have in past dealings also),it was my decision to take 4. As far as I am concerned,they are awesome fish hobbyist's.and i am sure i am not the only one that thinks that.

Well i for one have found Johannes Visser to be outstanding in regards to advice on keeping tropheus. He was happy to call me after hours and spent at least an hour on the ph with me going through all the things i need to no from feeding to water quality rite through to which ones are best suited together etc and on top of that it was costing him money as it was a toll call. Just thought i should put a buyers point of view forward.

• 4 years later...

I'll get the ball rolling. 5ft 90g with 20+ duboisi round 7-9cm mark with 2 leleupi (looks like it may be 2m) @ 4cm and 4 black calvus 4-6cm, unfortunately looks like 4males, already moved 1 out to the recovery ward as his tail fin was missing a few chunks.

How bout you?

I supposed I'll post mine as most of the line that I got were from Johannes...

20-25 x Ikolas (breeders)

10-15 x Pembas (breeders)

10 x Duboisi (yellow band.... Also breeders)

20-30 x leleupis (breeders)

11x young frontosas

4 x black Calvus (breeders)

2 x golden fin comps

25-30 demasoni (breeders)

8 x dragon blood peacocks

15 x stuartgranti Maleri

6 x other peacocks ie.luwanda, eureka red, lemon jake

8 x clown loaches

1 x transcriptus male

1 x brichardi male

1 x black ghost knife fish

A couple of pleco, and tankful of assorted fry...OMG no wonder I always don't have enough time :dunno: