Wild Betta Macrostoma

fishoman

Hi I am Andrew Lim aka fishoman from Malaysia.

I dont know if Betta macrostomas are available in NZ or not, here are some pictures of mine.

They are also called "Brunei Beauty"

Despite its expensive price, they are not hard to keep.

It is the most beautiful mouth brooder wild betta I've ever kept.

bettamacrostomamale.jpg male

bettamacrostomafemale.jpg

Female

I dont know if Betta macrostomas are available in NZ or not, here are some pictures of mine.

They are also called "Brunei Beauty"

bettamacrostomamale.jpg male

bettamacrostomafemale.jpg

Female

Welcome Andrew

No these are not available in NZ.

We pretty much only get veiltails, crowntails (usually only males) and halfmoons imported into NZ and even then they are nowhere near the quality you will be able to buy.

Your fish are beautiful :hail:

Welcome Andrew

No these are not available in NZ.

We pretty much only get veiltails, crowntails (usually only males) and halfmoons imported into NZ and even then they are nowhere near the quality you will be able to buy.

Your fish are beautiful :hail:

Maybe a fish importer can help to bring in some wild species of betta.

And of course if there are demands, good quality of show bettas too.

I know of people who have brought lovely looking betta into the country but our quarantine process is pretty hard on any fish in my opinion anyway, and a lot of fighters that were very nice when they first arrived in NZ have not been so when they have come out of quarantine.

NZ only has a very very small number of fish enthusiasts willing to pay a high price for fish that will not make them a profit! (again this is my opinion only)

I know of people who have brought lovely looking betta into the country but our quarantine process is pretty hard on any fish in my opinion anyway, and a lot of fighters that were very nice when they first arrived in NZ have not been so when they have come out of quarantine.

NZ only has a very very small number of fish enthusiasts willing to pay a high price for fish that will not make them a profit! (again this is my opinion only)

how much is the shipping price roughly? does anyone know? id be willing to maybe try get some overe here

People seem to forever wonder why importing is not a get rich quick occupation. As well as the cost of fish and freight there can be some horendous bills for testing for diseases if maf think there is one present and then those fish or the whole shipment can be destroyed if the disease is bad enough. If it was cheap and easy everyone would be doing it.