How's this for awesome customer service!!!

Heir

So I was home today and a curtain company came to fit my new curtains throughout my new home.

Though his attention to detail was immaculate and the job was perfect... but the service..... was unbelievable.

I wrote a letter to the company, just to let them know how awesome their staff actually are.

Here is the list of good deeds, that I included in the letter.

Your fitter;

- Arrived and failed to introduce himself and your company.

- Was rude and abrupt throughout the day.

- Used inappropriate language when he dropped things.

- Unwrapped the railings and fittings outside and let the rubbish blow away.

- Broke a Glass Lamp in one of the bedrooms.

- Damaged (chipped) a wooden 21st key.

- Did not inform me of these damages.

- When confronted, did not apologise for damages until later.

- Told me that the damages were somehow, my fault and did not take any responsibility.

- Did not attempt to clean up the mess left behind from the drill or move any of the furniture back.

Sorry, what? I paid over $7000 for that kind of service?

without for a single minute doupting what happened was wrong and not in any way acceptable, I detest things like no cowboys and target as they are always on the side of the public and will rearly give companies a fair go at all

Almost everyone I know teats target as a joke and no cowboys is quickly going in the same direction

(I have never been in either)

Be interesting to see what the company comes back in answer to your statements

Well yeah - it totally ruined my day. He was such a horrible person.

And he was like... 70! and I'm not over-exaggerating! You would think he'd have some

idea on good customer service. I'm 22 and I know that is bad and at the very least I would introduce myself

and apologise for breaking other people's stuff.

The nerve of saying that it was my fault because I put the 21st key on the window ledge above a lamp... like.. are you serious???

Heir, do you mind others adding their good stories or would you rather it be on a separate thread?

Ohhh it's fine I don't mind.

It's funny how good customer service experiences never seems to stick out in your memory quite like how bad experiences tend to.

In theory if you give:

Good service someone will lett 1 or 2 people who will tell one other person.

Bad service somene will 5 to 10 people who will sell 4 to 8 people who will tell 3 to 6 people and so on.

It make a point of calling bak to a call center and askign for a manager to compliment someone if the do a good job or talk to the manager in a shop if their staff are good.

Well when our Navman died suddenly, a week before we were to head overseas with it, it was sent to Auckland for urgent repairs. A brand new replacement arrived within two days - all programmed with settings and preferences etc to match the previous one. :bounce: