How's this for awesome customer service!!!

Heir

:bounce:

Well I haven't been on over the weekend but anywho,

The area manager for this particular franchise called me and was deeply sorry for the experience I had.

They gave me $300 off! Which was a nice gesture and my lamp was replaced free of charge.

He said that the guy that fitted the curtains was a contractor that they won't be using anymore.

Which was half the point because it would suck if he was allowed to keep on doing that to customers of that company.

oh awesome! Great to hear there was a good response :)

I had a meeting with an insurance broker who was not my usual one. She was astonishingly pushy and was not interested in what I wanted. At one point I had to butt in and say "I. Am. Not. Interested. In. Kiwi. Saver" and she still kept talking about it! It ended with me agreeing to her doing some research on my behalf simply to get her out of the house.

I immediately emailed my usual broker, who rang me within half an hour. The end result was they fired her, my complaint was the last straw.

It is hard sometimes getting the guts up to do this, but sometimes it is just what the employer or business needs to know.

oh awesome! Great to hear there was a good response :)

I had a meeting with an insurance broker who was not my usual one. She was astonishingly pushy and was not interested in what I wanted. At one point I had to butt in and say "I. Am. Not. Interested. In. Kiwi. Saver" and she still kept talking about it! It ended with me agreeing to her doing some research on my behalf simply to get her out of the house.

I immediately emailed my usual broker, who rang me within half an hour. The end result was they fired her, my complaint was the last straw.

It is hard sometimes getting the guts up to do this, but sometimes it is just what the employer or business needs to know.

That's really bad. Product flogging! Hate it! Hate pressure sales people. You handled that well. I would have been direct and got really stroppy haha. I never have a problem laying complaints. My friend is exactly the same. We're bad service's worst nightmares, between us we probably have written a dozen various formal complaint letters to companies. I wrote one last year to one of the WoF and Rego drive through places (you know what ones I'm talking about) because they damaged my custom-made $1300 front bumper on my old car! :evil:

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice (both the curtains and the tanks) :lol:

Those blinds are expensive too. My one small one in the kitchen cost more than the rest of the ordinary curtains in the whole dining room (inc those on the ranchslider) :roll:

Heh, no kidding... I make them for a living (both roman blinds and drapes) and romans are significantly more expensive than drapes - though they are far more difficult and expensive to produce as well.

Heir, I'm glad to hear the company gave you a decent discount, even just as recognition for the mistakes made. Hopefully the contractor will think seriously about his own actions in future!