Rescaped tank ideas? (Pictures)

SamH

Tried to get some free plants down at the stream, introduced wierd worm/larave things. Evac'd occupants and tore down tank. Put it back together within a couple of hours. Here's what it looked like around midday:

IMG_4140.jpg

IMG_4141.jpg

IMG_4142.jpg

IMG_4143.jpg

IMG_4144.jpg

Any ideas on what I should stock (apart from little BN, Betta and Platy) and what other plants I should get? Running 2x Cool Daylight and 2x Cool White 18w tubes over it. Will add CO2 shortly, anyone know how to dose HaNs's PMDD?

Thanks

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For every 100g of PMDD you will need to add 500ml of water.

I suggest you only mix up only enough for 2-4 weeks supply. Keep the PPMD out of the light in a dry place.

I suggest using 2 drops for every 40L of water. Over dosing can cause problems, less is more

The heater did make the thermometer read 26 and was switching on and off fine. But the water was cold at the bottom of the tank so I added a pump and now the heater cant keep up. The heater is only a week old too!

Heater moved behind the Hygro and Bacopa, can't see any silver now :D:D:D . Tank looks clear this morning.

What should/can/could I stock it with? Open to any BN, Betta, Platy and Plant friendly suggestions. Must be able to fit in a 2ft 54L tank.

An oscar would be nice. Very friendly fish :D

like little puppies :D

:o Imagine what an Oscar would do to my scape!

And yeah, I should thin it out. I don't like schooling fish, my neons and harlequins all died from infections that they all got. Maybe it's just my luck though?

Killies!

Anyone got Killies and/or info on them?

Looking good, Sam! It should grow in really nicely. Once the hair grass has filled up the front a bit more you could get a mini lawn-mower and keep it mown. although you might need a mini-tractor and hay bailer by the looks of it. :o

Once the hair grass has filled up the front a bit more you could get a mini lawn-mower and keep it mown. although you might need a mini-tractor and hay bailer by the looks of it. :o

Can you recommend anyone who sells Miniature Aquactic Farming Equiptment at discount prices Whetu? :lol:

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Any suggestions on Fauna?