Rescaped tank ideas? (Pictures)

SamH

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

*Runs even further away from the algae :o*

Is the ricca leaves/strands kind of hexagony (or at least parts of a hexagon) shaped, I think I got a little bit in the plants i just got.... its about 2cm in length.........(and currently floating :D)

O M G Morcs - those discus tetras are stunning.... I didn't even know such a tetra existed..... Unfortunately some quick research shows that theyre just like silver dollars and eat plants.

Oh why can't you get a deep bodied silver fish that leaves plants alone (and please don't suggest hatchets... theyre so boring the way they hover at the surface).... I'll just have to stick to rainbows I guess

Oh why can't you get a deep bodied silver fish that leaves plants alone (and please don't suggest hatchets... theyre so boring the way they hover at the surface)....

Seriously, I have 6 hatchets and a very fast flowing tank (with a few still areas behind the pump outlet) and they are NEVER at the surface! :o They are constantly darting around, going under the log, picking at the GBA's cucumber, chasing each other and schooling with the tetras!! I was actually kinda dissapointed with them as I wanted some surface fish!! :roll:

• 1 month later...

Here are some pics I took today. I rescaped the tank again a while ago :roll: but have been waiting till it grows a bit before I posted pics here. Please tell me what you think of it.

Dimensions: 600mm x 300mm x 300m (WxDxH)/54 litres

Lighting: 4x 18w T8s (2x 4000k 2x 6500k)

Filtration: 1x Rio 180 Internal Filter

Heater: Aquaone 100w

CO2: DIY 1.25L dispersed by filter

Substrate: Coarse Sand

Fertilizer: PMDD once in a while

Flora: Bacopa sp., Hygrophila Polysperma, Riccia Fluitans, Glossostigma sp., Rotala Rotundifolia, Hyrgrophila difformis

Fauna: Betta splendens, Otocinclus affinis, Epiplatys annulatus

IMG_5157.jpg

IMG_5155.jpg

IMG_5158.jpg

Nice fighter :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: dunno about the rocks though... you need some different coloured plants in there as well, maybe a crypt of some description? or some stem plants like rotola macrandra??

Is this what you wanted the neons for?

I cant see no clown killie.....

Here's a pic of the Clown Killie Zev accidentally gave me :D . The pic was washed out because I was acclimatizing it so I upped the contrast a bit 8) . The other Killie that came with it is still tiny so it's not in there with "the big boys".

IMG_5146.jpg

You can see him on the second to last photo of page 14, right in the middle, front of the tank at the surface.

What's wrong with the rocks? :-?

Looks like they are trying to get away from the plants! :wink:

... you need some different coloured plants in there as well, maybe a crypt of some description? or some stem plants like rotola macrandra??

Do you want some of this Sam?

http://www.fnzas.org.nz/index.php?PG=plant&PID=HP1

Just contemplating giving some trimmings the biff.