ads that annoy you.

i loved the old instant kiwi ones, like the guy bungy jumping for fish, they were great.

And the one with the 'happy together' song and the couple trying to kill each other off so they could drive the new car.

I used to like the ferret guy too, but now they've gone under.

I have to admit i quite like the national bank ones too, when they just have the music and the horse, love that bit of music.

Most awful adds have to be -

that dubbed over one with the kid on the toilet, as someone mentioned

the second add featuring the surfing toddler, because the animation when he goes up the tree is so badly done

and worst of all the big save furniture ones, they're so loud and i don't have a remote. Puts me off ever shopping there.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i loved the old instant kiwi ones, like the guy bungy jumping for fish, they were great.

Mouldy old Dough, was the song, by Lieutenant Pigeon!

erk, I'm showing my age.....

I quite liked the Vodafone one where he folds everything up and puts it in his pocket as well.

Caryl, I am by far saying it is ok and I wish that anyone could go to any bar and be safe, but the simple fact is that is not the case. And I believe that the message that they were trying to convey with the ad is to not put you self in the position where you may be in danger. But It always seems to be a bad GUY.

You hit a nerve with me sorry oeminx. I was in a similar situation but reversed. When 16 I was attacked by a group of drunk men (you can guess what sort of attack but I will not mention it specifically in a family forum). It took 2 breakdowns and over 10 years of therapy to recover. I cannot bear to watch that ad at all. The attack still affects me to this day. I cannot bear drunks and go out of my way to avoid them. Luckily I am a tee totaller (only because I hate the taste) so don't frequent pubs.

I did like the those V(?) ads with the insects. I thought they were cleverly done.

Anyone remember ye olde ads for Brylcreme (a little dab 'il do ya), Pinkie Bars, or Jockey Junior underwear??? :o :lol:

We all say, you'll agree, Jockey Juniors are for me

With a hey ho pull 'em up, 1, 2, 3

Jockey Juniors are for me! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Picture a group of boys marching down the road in their tightey whiteys and singlets singing that to the tune of "This old man he played one, he played nick nacks on his drum". Most of you probably aren't old enough to know that song either! :roll:

I think you (Caryl and oeminx) are actually arguing the same thing. I don't think oeminx is saying that there aren't horrible people out their, but that the commercial did a sub-par job of conveying the message that getting drunk off your face can make you ridiculously vulnerable. I guess it was trying to show that there are men out there that specifically target women in this state because its easier...the woman wasn't even drinking sociably but just to tried to get completely hammered and none of her friends even made sure that she was ok before they left. I agree with oeminx that she has to take some of the responsibility.

In a perfect world, yes, everyone should be able to get drunk as they like, pass out in bar or on the street and not suffer any consequences...but in reality, getting yourself into a situation where u don't know what's going on and you are alone really doesn't help your odds.

Back to the topic :lol:

Ads that imply you need more than just a basic toothbrush to make sure your teeth are clean and the ones that try to scare us with how many bugs are on everything we touch. How can we build up our imunity to these things if we keep cleaning them off??? :roll:

And I still have the Jockey Junior ad song running through my head :roll:

The Telecom XT ad......

Look at the boat, at the start it has a camera on the rollcage and at the end it doesnt.

And what does it prove???? Im sure my phone sends faster pics than a boat. I just never made a point of how far the boat has to go.

The network is still below the standard Vodafone has had for ages already.

Rant over

The worst ads ever have to be the premature ejaculation ads on the radio!!! And they highlight just how unequal things are between men and woman, can you imagine them advertising 'womans issues' in a similar fashion?

"Girls; who do you think a guy is going to choose, the busty double D or the flat chested ironing board? Sorry girls, the guys will go for the double D every time, go get some implants today!".....

:roll:

Oh, and the big island woman going to get a smear test, probably my most loathed ad on tv for more than one reason...

The Telecom XT ad......

Look at the boat, at the start it has a camera on the rollcage and at the end it doesnt.

And what does it prove???? Im sure my phone sends faster pics than a boat. I just never made a point of how far the boat has to go.

The network is still below the standard Vodafone has had for ages already.

Rant over

And why has The Hamster had his hair done so that it looks like he's been dragged through a blackberry bush backwards?

I know they are trying to emphasise speed, but honestly...?

I think it is an attempt to look younger and more fashionable? That guy did it too - Mike Hoskins or Hosking or something. They just look like older guys trying to look younger and not quite making it. A bit like older women who keep dying their hair an unatural shade of blonde. :roll:

That Telecom ad makes no sense whatsoever and I still have no idea what it is they are trying to sell me.

Most of these add people seem to have completely missed the point. If you put a half naked woman on a car bonnet and put it on the TV people will remember the add but not what sort of car it was supposed to be selling. It is the same with half of these crazy adds now. I can remember how crazy they are but usually forget what they were trying to sell---all a bit pointless realy and a waste of good viewing time (if there is such a thing)