ads that annoy you.

i mearely am saying, that there is no need for them to be on whilst i eat my dinner...

there is a time and place for discussion and advertising for certain products, i just have the belief that it should be at a time where the parents of a child decide to tell them about the workings of the world. the reaction of "ban toilet paper adds from tv aswell" is an over-reaction, toilet paper is not something that you have to explain to your 6 year old daughter or son when they say "whats that for!!??" and especially when they run around saying "did you see that beaver on t.v!"

there is no need for it. that is my point. its not going to stop, but is merely my p.o.v

also being the fact that i come from a different culture, and such my belies and values are shaped justly. the needless over-reaction is just that. needless.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ads are ads, making an ad irritating is often effective advertising, will be stuck in your head and you will remember the product, weather you buy it is another story though.

on the radio the most irritating ads i remember word for word, know the address, phone number, services offered etc, irritating but very effective

the gorilla ad for cadbury was neat in itself, something totally different and caught many peoples attention and bought back to life an awesome song

i hate the eyebrows cadbury ad but i know of alot of kids that love it, when shopping with parents "mummy mummy i want cadbury chocolate"

dont fully agree with alot of the ads on tv, then again also dont agree with alot of programs on tv either, i barely watch it, only programs i watch are family guy, simpsons, king of the hill, jonos new show (sadly finished) thats it, tv in room doesnt even have an arial

criketman i think most of us were just stunned that you found those adds so wrong.

No offence intented, the way a different culture can view something as offensive that most of us wouldn't think twice about makes me want to question it and be perplexed by how something so natural can be taboo in other places.

I'm sure certain other cultures find the red meat adds just as bad, but some kiwis would be shocked by that too.