ads that annoy you.

while your on about tele companies

I detest the smart rear ended youthfull bussiness phone thats kicks around a hacky sac and tries to make the older phone look foolish.

Works totally in reverse for me as the younger one looks like it cant keep attentive for more than a second or two

Although not adds, Vodafone call me up often telling me they can beat telecom. All they want is my last phone bill.... yea right

I always tell them that they are welcome to tender a quote but I will not "shop" prices as thats unfair bussiness. Vodafone always say they will send a quote out but never ever do. (I have 5 cels and 3 landlines not big but easy money for them)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is the same with half of these crazy adds now. I can remember how crazy they are but usually forget what they were trying to sell---all a bit pointless realy and a waste of good viewing time (if there is such a thing)

Who remembers the Fernleaf butter family?

Or the BASF tapes Dear John ad? - not that some of the young'uns would know what a cassette tape was!

Or...

"Who stole the telly? Who stole the telly?"

Many knew and loved that ad but couldn't tell you what the insurance company name was! :roll:

I actually like those Tui ads even though I don't drink and they don't make me want to try their prodcut.

Quite possibly the best ad ever

I have to agree. That's a great ad. So is the new 2 degrees mobile one with Rhys Darby. Actually makes me want to try them out when they launch.

I really dislike the Cadbury ad and also the Hyundai ads with the kid driving the car.

I have a DVD hard drive recorder so when I watch TV I mostly just fast forward through the ads cos I am watching something I might have started recording half an hour earlier so when I saw this topic I couldn't think of any ads at all! But now reading through the topic I can think of them, aargh.

Definitely the Cadbury ad with the eyebrows would top my most hated list at the moment, but that might have more to do with the fact that I hate the new Cadbury taste and smaller packets and am feeling rather anti-Cadbury at the moment!

And those Sensodyne ads, OMG they are dreadful!!!

Love the 'get a perm' ones though!

These are some of my all time favs, especially the first one...

and as for ads on radio, unbearable, so I only listen to RNZ

I think I should add to the list of annoying ads...That stupid "When will you die?" ad on some websites that makes an annoying laughing noise whenever you accidentally move your mouse across it.

Assuming that hasn't been mentioned yet.:P

I think I should add to the list of annoying ads...That stupid "When will you die?" ad on some websites that makes an annoying laughing noise whenever you accidentally move your mouse across it.

Thats Horrible.

It scared the crap out of me the first time i heard it.

And probably the second time :lol:

The worst ads for me are any that are trying to sell me cleaning products by making me feel guilty. Like the one where the woman has just given birth and everyone comes to look at the baby but - OH NO - She hasn't cleaned the bathroom!! :roll:

I dont get any of those ads as I use the ad block plus extention on my web browser its great.

I don't usually get the time to sit and watch the ads - ad breaks are a time for putting on a load of washing, clearing up the dishes, running the vacuum round the room, packing a bag, making a school lunch etc etc

BUT, I have seen some when I have my TV time on a Sunday night, and here's what I remember:

- I liked and remember the Oddfellows ad, though I'm sure oddfellows are responsible for the holes in my teeth :o

- a friend of mine, her partner used the BE the Milky Bar Kid.... :lol:

- I remember Getty the Watties monster

- I absolutely LOVED the possum two moons ad, nothing beats that one! :o:o

- the Beaver ad is just plain weird, and could be boarder line offensive to some people (notice when they're on the beach, one guy only looks at the chick and the other only looks at the beaver...)

- I'm not overly fond of the Cadbury eyebrow ad, BUT I loved the one where the Gorilla played the drums to the Phil Collins song, that was cool...

I wish TV was interesting enough for me to WANT to sit and watch it, and that life wasn't SO busy that I had to get up to do other things all the time...

Very very efficient Spink! :hail:

I aspire to more like that...so far I've only managed to get some vacuuming , laundry, and dishes to fit. Makes me feel less guilty while I'm taking a break from the horrible horrible thesis writing...hehe

correct me if im wrong, but adverts, by their conception and point, are meant to make you want to buy a product or service...

what the has a guy in a gorrilla suit playing drums, or 2 kids with weird eyebrows got to do with chocolate!!!

i dont want to buy chocolate if it makes my eyebrows do that!!!

also that song teh gorrilla plays has a dark history and associations with it... which i wont go into here.

also i cant stand the fact that female sanitation ads are on during the day at times when children are watching tv, and especially from 4-8 when most family TV is on!! In South Africa, and indeed most other places around the world, female sanitation is a private, discreet, and above all not discussed or advertised when children are around! fine after say, 8pm? when most children go to bed... who wants to explain to thier pre-teen children exactly what female sanitation consists of...

the "U" adds are by far the worst yet, considering that i take "beaver" to be as offensive as the "c" or "t" words, as does my family.

correct me if im wrong, but adverts, by their conception and point, are meant to make you want to buy a product or service...

what the has a guy in a gorrilla suit playing drums, or 2 kids with weird eyebrows got to do with chocolate!!!

Brand recognition is god in marketing.

also i cant stand the fact that female sanitation ads are on during the day at times when children are watching tv, and especially from 4-8 when most family TV is on!!

Then toilet paper and similar should also not be allowed until after 8pm, in fact, ban all hygiene related ads from prime time TV.

when most children go to bed... who wants to explain to thier pre-teen children exactly what female sanitation consists of...

People that want educated children not totally oblivious about the basics of human anatomy?

Sometimes commercials want to be informative about a product...and sometimes they want to create a buzz that will travel by word of mouth and want people to associate themselves with the image they are creating. People enjoying eating a chocolate bar is boring.

Otherwise, the good old IPOD commercials would have just listed their specs (which would be boring) as opposed to have some fools dancing against a colourful background to 'hip' music. See if you buy their product, you can be cool like those people. And if you drink bear, hot chicks will surround you! *rolls eyes*

hehe

i dont want to buy chocolate if it makes my eyebrows do that!!!

also that song teh gorrilla plays has a dark history and associations with it... which i wont go into here.

also i cant stand the fact that female sanitation ads are on during the day at times when children are watching tv, and especially from 4-8 when most family TV is on!! In South Africa, and indeed most other places around the world, female sanitation is a private, discreet, and above all not discussed or advertised when children are around! fine after say, 8pm? when most children go to bed... who wants to explain to thier pre-teen children exactly what female sanitation consists of...

the "U" adds are by far the worst yet, considering that i take "beaver" to be as offensive as the "c" or "t" words, as does my family.

I use to think the amount of yeast infection/thrush commercials that were on tv was completely unnecessary. I mean u'd think women were facing some kind of epidemic! Come on its thrush, not a headache! I don't need to hear about it 3 times a day :-?

also i cant stand the fact that female sanitation ads are on during the day at times when children are watching tv, and especially from 4-8 when most family TV is on!!

Whats so wrong with tampon adds? No more offensive than adds for deodorant or toilet cleaner, periods are a fact of life lol.

I knew what tampons were for long before i needed them, my mum didn't hide them away in the back of the cuboard like a dirty secret :wink:

and the AD that tells you that everyone watches ADS instead of doing other things while the ADS are on unlike the ADS on the radio where people are doing other things instead of just listening to the ADS and that people also watch lots of ADS!!!!! on Television.......... :D :D

and that everyone has more than one Television in there house to watch the ADS that tell you about ADS -.-

*Breathes Heavily*

but there are some funny ones out there :D

We have more computers and laptops than we do TV's but yes, there are multiple TV's.

The detol ads really get to me. As if we need another cleaning product to save us from some "harmful virus" a.k.a, the common cold. The dramatic music when the girl goes to touch the phone, it's not as if it's about to blow up or Snape's about to kill Dumbledore.

Then toilet paper and similar should also not be allowed until after 8pm, in fact, ban all hygiene related ads from prime time TV.

when most children go to bed... who wants to explain to thier pre-teen children exactly what female sanitation consists of...

People that want educated children not totally oblivious about the basics of human anatomy?