'leopard geckos

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough, but just consider yourself lucky you didn't end up in Australia where fish prices (aside from natives) are way higher. My point is that people should be thankful for what they can get here, and that they can still legally keep and breed stuff that is no longer imported.

Thanks, thats true - and I have done a fair bit of thinking in the past 24hours on this. There are still some lovely fish and reptiles that are within reach for most so maybe being content with that should be sufficient until things change :) I had no idea prices were higher in Aussie though.

ALANMIN, BARRIE, LIVINGART - Thanks for your comments, I appreciate your acknowledgement

well done aqua

keeping our natives is a cheap hobby and keeping our geckos might make those back home green with envy

Cheers - maybe thats something I might consider looking into a bit more, as I know there are some lovely native geckos here :)

good goin aqua/

some native geckos are beautiful! like those green ones! try getting your license and then give them a go.

Is getting a license a simple thing ? From what I understand you have to submit an application supported by evidence that you know what environment to provide and that you can provide it (preferably already have it set up and waiting ?). Then the license is granted depending on what group you are applying for ? Naturally I would want to jon the herps society and a local club too.

Is getting a license a simple thing ? From what I understand you have to submit an application supported by evidence that you know what environment to provide and that you can provide it (preferably already have it set up and waiting ?). Then the license is granted depending on what group you are applying for ? Naturally I would want to jon the herps society and a local club too.

Its not hard to get

http://www.reptiles.org.nz/index.php?pa ... -husbandry

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm... Geckos....

I've been wanting to get my hands on an interesting pet for a while now.

Thought about Beardies but they take up too much space.

Any ideas on small (under 15cms) reptiles or unusual fish?

I've already tried mice, guinea pigs, cats, fish, birds, etc. Need something that doesn't smell.