March 16, 200917 yr comment_295906 I hope this doesnt sound too dumb of a question, but how do others make their java moss stay in the one place in the tank and in a bunch,,lol :oops: Report
March 16, 200917 yr Author comment_295912 but then the rock takes up the space and the moss doesnt be a bit floaty Report
March 16, 200917 yr comment_295913 It isn't a dumb question and my answer is... with difficulty! :lol: Java moss is a pain for wrapping itself around all sorts of things, especially filter inlets. Short of stuffing it into a hairnet or similar you just have to wrap it tightly around an object. Report
March 16, 200917 yr comment_295917 I use cotton to attach it rocks/wood or anything else you want to decorate. As Caryl said, Hairnets are a good option. Report
March 16, 200917 yr comment_295922 but then the rock takes up the space and the moss doesnt be a bit floaty Good, damn trash filter crap floating all over cost me almost an entire tank of fish when it clogged up my filter. Report
March 17, 200917 yr comment_295925 I bunch moss around a small stone. The moss stays there and you don't see the stone in the centre. Report
March 17, 200917 yr comment_295935 Mine came in on another plant (I never chose it) and most of it gets itself entangled around the base of other plants before it manages to block the filter. Report
March 17, 200917 yr comment_295971 Easiest place would be to go to wetpets or Animates and ask if they have any spares you can buy.(left overs from plants) Failing that, Ive seen them for sale before in most fish shops, or go to a scrap dealer and ask for some lead flashing. I used to be used on roofing. Report
March 17, 200917 yr comment_295979 cay lead strips be brought somewhere... I don't think you'd have a problem bringing them anywhere. Report
March 17, 200917 yr comment_295983 you know what she meant :lol: you can get them from any fish shop. just ask if they have 1 spare. Report
March 17, 200917 yr Author comment_295987 oh what did I say wrong spelt can wrong, is that how you spell lead though Report
March 17, 200917 yr comment_295991 it was with BRought vs. BOught. brought ----> bringing. Bought----> Buying. Report
March 17, 200917 yr comment_296009 I've always used Fishing Line to tie Java Moss to driftwood, rocks and anything else I want it to adhere too. Report
March 17, 200917 yr comment_296011 Be careful attaching plants with cotton, a few yrs ago my sister had tied some java fern to a bit of wood and her borneo sucker or BN (can't quite remember which) got caught under the cotton and it dug into the poor fish. We actually took it to an emergency vet and he put it down Report
March 17, 200917 yr comment_296025 I don't put rocks on mine but I strategically place it between rocks and the corner of the tank so water flow pushes it into the corner having said that it was fine until I added two 6inch+ electric blues that mow though everything if they choose (even half kilo rocks!!) though now it seems ok (for me) floating at the top of the right hand side of my tank (filter pushes from left to right Report
March 17, 200917 yr comment_296074 I got a teracotta pot broke it in half then placed the moss over top and tucked the moss edges under the pot - to hold it down - eventually it will stick to the pot and also fish can go under the pot Report
March 17, 200917 yr comment_296105 Hi Caper, funny you should ask me that - only about 1 week ago I pull the tank apart taking the moss off the pot I am not sure if I took any photos :oops: Report
March 17, 200917 yr comment_296111 :lol: Okies Mel, I was just curious to see what it looked like! Caper Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.