January 6, 200917 yr comment_283638 Navarre is on the money. If you want to keep them in the more attractive juvenile state you can remove the more arial leaves as they form but a better way is to dig them up and cut half the roots off then replant. They are an atractive plant in an open tank with good light. Bob Ward has some beauties at Redwood Aquatics. The verigation is a lot stronger in the emersed growth. Too trifid-like for me. Report
January 6, 200917 yr comment_283640 Might have to get rid of mine after seeing this :lol: Especially if i upgraade to a 45cm tank :lol: Report
January 7, 200917 yr comment_283777 if you cut back each emerging leaf the plant should grow a smaller one to replace it...making the sword plant smaller overall gradually. Report
February 14, 200917 yr Author comment_290639 UPDATE: Have taken photo's of the stalk that grew out of my tank and was about 1.5metres with the fowering plantlets. Report
February 14, 200917 yr comment_290669 WOW thats cool! I want one! a flower or a plant? I have some plantlets if you want a couple. Report
February 15, 200917 yr comment_290858 I have a sword but I want it to flower! maybe I will get a new one for my 4ft tank! Report
February 15, 200917 yr Author comment_290877 If the Marbled Queen Sword you've got is growing ok it will eventually shoot a flower stalk out, hang in there Report
February 15, 200917 yr comment_290894 What a lovely sight, thanks for sharing your pics, good on you Mrs Greenthumbs you can certainly grow plants Report
February 15, 200917 yr comment_290907 Don't forget that they can become a very large plant, most of which is emersed. Report
February 16, 200917 yr comment_290985 Don't forget that they can become a very large plant, most of which is emersed. thats why mine has never flowered! I keep cutting it off Report
February 16, 200917 yr comment_290986 Don't forget that they can become a very large plant, most of which is emersed. Would they grow in a outside pond? Report
February 19, 200917 yr comment_291649 I think I've got one of these plants, but not the marbled version. I'm thinking of getting rid of it as the leaves are all growing out of the tank. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.