Festive Fishies

Jaide

About 4 yrs ago, I wanted to put christmas lights around my tank, as i didn't have a light on it at the time. My mum even brought me some lights to put around the tank, but then we read they warnings and i think it said not to put near water, so i just strung them up on my wall and they're still there :)

I think it's fair to say that all Christmas coloured fish count as being festive :wink:

I've never decorated my tanks before - but as I now have 3 (1 large tank and two smaller ones, when I used to have 1 medium sized tank) with hood lights, I think they'd look quite grand with tinsel draped around them - so would glitter when tank lights are turned on :)

my beardies have there own little xmas tree that we put in there enclosure for them every year. and on xmas moring they get crickets etc for breakie, they love it.

we only got into fish this wear so not quiet sure what we going to do for them ar the turtle, proberly put tinsil around there tanks.

My AR980 has tinsel I confess. Not much but I really love Christmas and my house is small. The tank offers somewhere to put up my (possibly excessive) decorations!

Hmmmm excessive decorations huh?!?! Have you seen this thread??? http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/merry- ... 35453.html

I think we have a suspect!!!

OMG, haven't even thought about Christmas yet this year!...

but Yes :oops: I'm guilty! LOL

Here are pics from a couple years ago; My potlbelly just loves a mysis "snowstorm"!

Letitsnow_Print.jpg

DSC00704.jpg

Wethreekings_Print.jpg

Here is last years "tree". and the empty space where the tank belongs, but it broke just before Christmas and the seahorses spent the holidays in a rubbermaid tub in the garage! so of course, I HAD to put up lots of seahorse ornaments :)

DSC01553.jpg

Will have to post some new pics if I get around to deco's this year...

We've always had a cute teensy l'il stocking for our fishies..

Merry Christmas!

My husband won't let me have lights on my tanks - our street has all our house lit up outside, and he threatened to turn all my tanks off if I put too many lights up! :roll:

Now when the fish lights go off the house lights come on! The gold fish think it's Christmas, they get all the twinkling lights around the pond.

• 2 weeks later...