Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Xtra problems

Featured Replies

How widespread is Xtra's problem? We lost internet and email about 10pm last night. Got internet back this morning but still no email.Tried to get a status report via Xtra's website but got;

Website maintenance

Unfortunately the www.telecom.co.nz website is unavailable right now as we are upgrading our system between the hours of 08:00 and 14:00pm 29 November.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

:lol: I was wondering why my internet wasn't going last night. I thought it was something to do with my modem, so I restarted it a couple of times and nothing happened.

I'm not sure whether my email was out last night though. But, everything is working fine now.

Hehe, I was at Gen-i's main offices in Wellington last night and they didn't have any internet access either. They're Telecom's IT outsourcing company. I'm having the same problems here.

How widespread is Xtra's problem? We lost internet and email about 10pm last night. Got internet back this morning but still no email.Tried to get a status report via Xtra's website but got;

Website maintenance

Unfortunately the www.telecom.co.nz website is unavailable right now as we are upgrading our system between the hours of 08:00 and 14:00pm 29 November.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

nice of them to give us plenty of notice. I'm sure we will all have our account charges reduced :hail: telecom

  • Author

I don't think their system upgrade is causing the problem though as it started last night. I hear some in Wgtn now have emails back

  • Author

I just received one email - and it was SPAM :evil:

Then a couple of minutes later got 2 messages sent 8.40pm and 8.55pm respectively. I am sure there are plenty more as we get lots thanks to Grant's newsgroups :roll:

They must be getting there. :-?

  • Author

I'm now getting about 5 emails every 5 minutes (it auto checks every 5 minutes) so looks like it is up and running again. :bounce:

  • Author

I am getting steady emails now but still think I am missing a lot that came in overnight (as the overseas newsgroups do)

A friend in Nelson just rang and said he hasn't got net or email access as yet and now his phone is beeping continually :-?

One of their juniper routers went down. They have 5 in the country and if one dies, the whole Internet in nz goes down. They're supposed to have backups at all locations, but apprently are too incomptent to make them work. If you complain enough, they'll give you a few months free.

Thank god for my iPhone and 3g service!!

i lost my internet about 8pm friday only just got it back after ringing Telecom to find out what was wrong.

it was something to do with the sever that when it went down then once they had fixed it that it skipped some people and i was one of them

Telecom seem to be big on promises, but not so good on redundant circuits and backup routers.

Any single failure should not take down a big chunk of the internet as there should be alternate routers and links in place. Even if the main link fails the alternates or backups should allow communications, even if it's slower.

But that costs money...

Ian

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.