NCEA EXAMS 2008 - Have started -Good luck-

wilson

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm too old :wink:

but my daughters got level 2 English and Maths to sit. She's into art and I think its so she doesn't have as many exams :roll:

she didn't find it so funny when she had 4 art boards to complete the other week though :D

Good luck to those from here sitting exams this year.

Good luck to you both with your exams , and anyone else out there sitting exams too :D

I don't think they need luck.

with NCEA, NO ONE FAILS :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a joke.

But anyway, have fun everyone!!!

by the end of november you will be on a 2 month holiday

i have:

3 L3 english papers

4 L3 biology papers

4 L3 stats papers

3 L3 geography papers

4 L3 chemistry papers

o_0

Good luck! That'll be hard!

Last year I had

4 L3 Bio

4 L3 Stats

3 L3 Classics

and... 1 L3 Drama..

Didnt go to drama though, lol.

Bio is easy as though :D Stats is pretty easy too.

You'll do fine! Good luck to you all

I don't think they need luck.

with NCEA, NO ONE FAILS :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a joke.

But anyway, have fun everyone!!!

by the end of november you will be on a 2 month holiday

Out of my group of 12-ish close friends, only two of us got NCEA Lvl 3, admittedly none of us but like two studied, one of those who studied failed completely (don't know how he was a complete nerd) and the other one passed reasonably well. I didn't study and I passed, so thats gotta be saying something about how easy it is

I'm too old :wink:

but my daughters got level 2 English and Maths to sit. She's into art and I think its so she doesn't have as many exams :roll:

she didn't find it so funny when she had 4 art boards to complete the other week though :D

Good luck to those from here sitting exams this year.

Gawd art boards were the bane of my existance in 7th form, sigh (but to be honest, also one of my fave parts)

theres alot more work to do throughout the year, I remember every lunchtime and free period for the last terms being in the artroom, and many hours spent hoping the oil paint would dry in time

but many hours of fun none the less

I second good luck to all

Gawd art boards were the bane of my existance in 7th form, sigh (but to be honest, also one of my fave parts)

theres alot more work to do throughout the year, I remember every lunchtime and free period for the last terms being in the artroom, and many hours spent hoping the oil paint would dry in time

but many hours of fun none the less

I second good luck to all

I did Level 3 art... But I didnt do the artboards :oops: I gave up on art when I pretty much stopped going to class as my boyfriend had his free when I had art... Oh also the teacher hated me so I was never getting her help with anything.

in my 7th form year I did:

4 L3 Stats papers

4 L3 Calc papers

5 L3 Biology papers

4 L3 Chem papers

4 L3 Physics papers

scholarship stats

scholarship chem

scholarship biology

scholarship physics

scholarship calculus

i got straight Es in stats, biology and physics, i got 1 M and 3 Es in both calc and chem

i also got scholarship stats, and was within 3 marks of scholarship for all subjects

I didnt study at all, not one bit :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stella, the L3 means NCEA level 3 - equivalent to 7th form. Each subject has one exam (usually 3 hrs) and students sit several papers in that exam that relate to a topic that the teacher hopefully covered during the year. For instance the physics exam contains the papers electricity, mechanics, waves and nuclear physics, or something like that. for each paper students are awarded an overall mark of either acheived (A), merit (M) or excellence (E). So me getting Es was actually a good mark :P

Havn't started my study yet :oops:

I've got:

Level three chem- 4 papers

Level three bio- 4 papers

Level three physics- 4 papers

Level three science- 3 papers

Level three stats- 4 papers

Level three english- 4 papers

Scholarship biology

Scholarship chemistry

Scholarship science

(and I've been put down for Scholarship physics and english as well but don't think I'll sit those, I did ask for them to be cancelled :-? )

Does anyone know if 'not achieves' now show up on the record of achievement?? Hope not!! :lol:

BTW its because of Level three that I haven'ty been on here much at all this year, the internals were HEAPS of work!! :x All good though, thanks to them I have 39 'E' internal credits and 3 unit standard credits so can afford a few 'A's' and 'N's' in the coming externals :D

Olly, I did similar a couple of yrs ago:

L3 Chemistry

L3 Biology

L3 English

L3 Physics

L3 Statistics

L3 History

L3 Geography

+ Scholarship in Bio, stats, english, physics and history.

I didn't study, and did pretty well, mostly E's and a few M's.

In saying that, I don't recommend the not studying route to others - if you go to uni you can't really get away not studying - in Law at least.

NCEA was a piece of cake and i felt it was a waste of time, lol.

i did:

physics,

geography,

english,

maths (L2)

Stats (L3),

chemistry,

biology and

not to mention getting "credits" to gain uni entrance is sooo easy! :evil: :evil:

just finished my last 3rd year uni exam today,

so BEST OF LUCK to every one who has exams coming up.

Slighlty off topic but have you guys organised a prank yet for your last day of school?? We are doing all sorts of things :lol:

people this year were thinking of leaving a common room window open and coming back at night and getting completly wasted :roll: :-?

Dont think it will happen though :lol: