NCEA EXAMS 2008 - Have started -Good luck-

wilson

I also use word patterns.... and short forms.

for example i had to remember that Strong evidence existed that Traded goods trade at similar prices across countries for the Relative PPP theorem.. (exact opposite for the aPPP thm).

so PQRST meant that the letters P, R, S, T stood for all i needed to kno (minus the letter Q but that just came with the series)...

make sense to any one? lol

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just did schol chem. It was impossible!! Ran out of time for a question worth 8 marks out of 40 :o

Ohwell one down, 8-10 to go, depending on which schol papers I do :roll:

BTW lmsmith how do you mean that my courses don't stream line? Doesn't the conjoint option allow you to do completely different courses together in 4 years minimum?? Are you saying you think mine will take 5 years to complete?? :o

I actually found bio really hard :( There was no time at all to think about the answers and the questions weren't like the practice exams or anything :-?

I don't know why everyone says NCEA is so easy, we don't have the priveledges like getting multichoice or anything like School C and I find it really hard personally :roll:

How did everyone else find bio?? :)

I mean that some classes aren't designed to be done together, so you have timetable clashes, and some papers are only done in 1 half of the year, so to do both, you could have to wait until the next year. Also, because lots of courses have prerequsites, you have to do the 100 level before the 200 etc.

You could find that you're lucky and have no clashes at all.

NCEA is better suited to girls was of learning than boys. Kinda sexist, but maybe boys should catch up . :lol:

Lol i'm dreading english and don't want to study it either :oops:

Have you red this article?

If a couple of NCEA exams seemed extra tricky this year it may not have been due to a lack of study -- errors have been picked up in two at level 3.

The New Zealand Qualifications Authority said the calculus exam sat on Tuesday had a set of brackets missing on a formula sheet while a biology exam on Monday wrongly labelled a graph depicting movement of larvae in relation to high tide times.

Deputy chief executive, qualifications Bali Haque said the papers were checked multiple times but errors still managed to slip through occasionally.

"We want to be clear that where an error occurs in an exam paper, candidates will not be disadvantaged."

Answers given with or without taking brackets into account would be marked correct in the calculus exam and the biology graph -- while potentially confusing -- was not expected to have "a significant impact" on students' answers.

That answers why I found the animal paper hard :wink:

I wonder what they are going to do. I think a few questions were based on that graph :roll: