NZ Standard Time Monday, August 25 2008 at 11:25 pm

Latitude, Longitude 39.70°S, 176.78°E

Focal Depth 30 km

Richter magnitude 5.9

Region Hawke's Bay

Location 10 km south-west of Hastings

250 km north-east of Wellington

wow :o

I got sent into a wall too :roll: was just going to bed. Now I will have to keep checking my tanks for leaks all night as I live above shops. Water on the floor but my only casualties was that a female guppy got in with the baby albino guppies and may have had some midnight snacks.

Oh, and I broke a nail.

:x Hate earthquakes, not good when the shop alarm goes off. Only a little bit of water on the floor ( 2 towels) from 40 tanks. 1 test kit and 1 pot of fish food fell over. All the birds are safe. The poor Alex was a little wide eyed.

At home 1 cat that was asleep near the fish tank got a rude shock as he got quite wet, another cat is still under the bed, number 3 thinks it's great that mum is up to play with her,a few things fell over but we and our beloved pets are all fine.

Many thanks to Keri-anne for comming to the shop incase we needed help with any clean up. :bounce: :bounce:

I was almost asleep when it hit, in that between dozing off and sleep phase then wham!

8ft tank fine and dandy, a bit of slop down the front... thank god for that!!!!!! I was as stiff as a bored just waiting to see where things were going :lol:

Fish shed fine and dandy, all tanks in one piece, just a bit of water slop.. sweeeeeeet 8)

If that earthquake had happened near Auckland it would have been declared a national disaster and for weeks we'd be hearing about things like how it spilled some woman's chardonnay and a man was injured when he fell while climbing out a window carrying a TV.

was quite big here in Wangas

one of my tanks spilled a bit off water.

Wasnt loud, it actually made no noise but rolled though and went for a while.

The tank that spilled was lenghtways to the quake so water sloshed length ways and over the end.

Geos had a fun ride :lol: