Storm

Lucid

Hopefully we'll get a full day with power today. Ours went out at about 5am apparently , we knew because our youngest woke up crying when it was pitch black. Our house is so quiet without all the tanks going you can hear everything! I think our power was back by about 2pm but then it went out again at 8pm and back at 10pm. Think the later blackout must have been planned to do repairs as it was exactly 8pm it went and exactly 10 it came back and our mate 5 minutes up the road had power. She text me and said they had just drove past the man who turned ours off. We have a little tiny generator just enough to run the tv, sky and phone. So it keeps us and the kids entertained. Sounded bad though from what I heard no power in Kaitaia or anywhere up here. My partner got called yesterday afternoon to help the boss put the bigger boat (20m) on a mooring as it was just getting smashed at the wharf. It was wicked to watch the waves crashing into the shore. I made a friend get out and move a rock off the road and just then a big wave came and he got soaked, he timed it perfectly and got another soaking getting back in the car so that made me laugh not him though.

2008141.jpg

The waves were crashing all along there from the fish shop to the dingy ramp, but of course my camera run out of batteries before I could get the great pic. I think if you had been in the fish shop today you would have got wet feet.

We have a little tiny generator just enough to run the tv, sky and phone. So it keeps us and the kids entertained.

Sheesh, kids these days. We always looked forward to power cuts cos it meant board games by candle-light and toasted sandwiches cooked on the fire... :lol:

Mum and Dad (in whangarei) said it was pretty bad, but the worst was over for us by about 4pm (just when I finished work).

I told my partner not to start the generator they could grow an imagination but after 2 hours of fighting I was so sick of it and we were bored. Yea the water looks horrible certainly changes the picturesque Mangonui and Doubtless Bay, would feel sorry for any tourists on the buses that go to Cape Reinga. Doesn't look like the postcards at all! Although I bet the view at Cape Reinga with the clash of the tides would be great!

Got caught in the storm walking home from work on Saturday night. Umbrella got turned upside down 5 times by the wind and I was shaking by the time I'd walked the few blocks it takes me to get home.

Day off today and am doing as much washing as possible before round 2 hits... may have to go buy another clothes horse. Although I'm doing alright. Started washing at 8am, sheets and work clothes are dry towels and less important clothing are almost all washed. Just hope we don't loose power.

No storms anywhere near here, not a breath of wind, but am totally sick of continual high overcast. You don't warm up without sunshine. Give me a good, crisp -4C frost followed by a brilliantly sunny day any time 8)