Names and Meanings..

Afrikan

I just thought I would start a thread on names and meanings....

So come on post your name and what the meaning is behind your name...

And state weather or not that meaning suits you or not... or maybe the complete opposite to what you are... :lol: ok here goes..

My name is Mekhaela.

Origin: Hebrew

Meaning: "Who is like god"... :roll: :lol:

I can't say I resemble anything god like actually :lol:

My sons name is Rory..

Origin: Irish/Gaelic

Meaning: Red King

Well he certainly thinks he's a king... :lol: What male doesn't tho :roll:

So next... 8)

Ooooh what fun,

I am Jennifer Shula.

Jennifer is Cornish and means white, or fair.

Shula is Arabic and means bright.

Sadly though my parents like a BBC radio show called The Archers (the longest running serial ever - it is still going) which has a Jennifer and a Shula on it. :roll:

My son is Cian, he was 'made in Ireland' so we chose an Irish name. It means ancient, but we chose it cos we like the look and sound of he (pronounced key-in), not cos he is ancient. :o

Love the name Rory, it is the top of my list if I have another boy. I was served by a guy in a shop the other day and his name was Rory and he was one of those unfortunate people with a speech impediment and he called himself Worwy. :lol:

Cheese=

1. the curd of milk separated from the whey and prepared in many ways as a food.

2. a definite mass of this substance, often in the shape of a wheel or cylinder.

3. something of similar shape or consistency, as a mass of pomace in cider-making.

4. Informal. partly digested milk curds sometimes spit up by infants.

5. cheeses, any of several mallows, esp. Malva neglecta, a sprawling,weedy plant having small lavender or white flowers and round, flat, segmented fruits thought to resemble little wheels of cheese.

6. Slang: Vulgar. smegma.

7. Metalworking. a. a transverse section cut from an ingot, as for making into a tire.

b. an ingot or billet made into a convex, circular form by blows at the ends.

8. a low curtsy.

–verb (used without object) 9. Informal. (of infants) to spit up partly digested milk curds.

–verb (used with object) 10. Metalworking. to forge (an ingot or billet) into a cheese.

Jawa=

In the fictional Star Wars, the Jawas are a pygmy and rodentlike race inhabiting the desert planet Tatooine. They are a hardworking people that work as scavengers and tinkerers. They are entirely covered in brown cloaks and their glowing yellow eyes are the only body parts visible. They use vast Sandcrawlers as transports in the desert world. These sandcrawlers can house a family unit as well as store cargo that they have collected on their journeys. Most Jawas belong to clans. Half of the clan work in the sandcrawlers while the other half live in desert fortresses in remote areas. These fortresses have high walls made from large chunks of old wrecked spaceships for protection against Tusken Raiders and krayt dragons. They also serve as a home for the rest of the Jawa clan which store the wealth gathered by the other family unit in the sandcrawlers.

Wow thats big.

And Im not quite sure what its meant to mean together. Hey wasnt this this thread meant to be about real names. :lol:

Love the name Rory, it is the top of my list if I have another boy. I was served by a guy in a shop the other day and his name was Rory and he was one of those unfortunate people with a speech impediment and he called himself Worwy. :lol:

:lol: :lol: tinytawnykitten... Yeah I love the name Rory too, his dad from celtic background so Rory it was... :D I can only imagine it being said with a speech impediment tho :lol: I think if I ever had another boy, I like the name Seth or the name Gabriel.

:lol: :lol: tinytawnykitten... Yeah I love the name Rory too, his dad from celtic background so Rory it was... :D I can only imagine it being said with a speech impediment tho :lol: I think if I ever had another boy, I like the name Seth or the name Gabriel.

We considered Rory for Cian too but the Irish spelling - Ruairi, but in NZ it would probably be mistaken for a Maori name and then I would be forever explaining.

Oooooooooooooooh I just got another star!!!! happy110.gif

dont know what my asian name means, its nan, its the combination of 2 other characters, wood and south.

but my english name is roger, named after my fathers mentor.

it orginated from germany and means good with a spear...

it also means "got your message" in both military- and civilian aviation radio communications - cant imagine how much cr*p i got at school for this one.

and according to wikipedia it was also the slang for the male appendage.. how nice.

Johannes

Origin: German

Meaning: God Is Gracious

Lynn

Origin: Old English

Meaning: Near A Lake Or Pond

Jade-Storm

Origin: Spanish

Meaning: Green Gemstone

Storm

Origin: English

Meaning: Storm, rough weather, of a passionate temperament

Ashra-Sky

Origin Hebrew

Meaning fortunate, wish, hope, desire

Sky: Self explantiory

Origin: American

Paul

Meaning:small and wise

Origin....not sure

Was borm 2 months premature and was literally tiny, parents thought name was suiting....was fine until college when the bros found out that Paul ment small...i still never hear the end of it haha