Full Tank Shots - Add yours

Rozski

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice looking tanks spoon

Caper the remains are probably the last person who passed a negative comment on the tank :D

haha skulls are the only "tacky" kinda ornament i would put in my tank although i do like the look of the bell on the previous page took me a while to figure out what u and caper were talking about!

Hi Lezen - just wondering what that plant is you have covering spots over the fore ground?

Great looking tank by the way. You didn't just scan an image from Takashi Amano's books did you :D :lol:

Hi Matthew,

the foreground plant is Utricularia Graminifolia. Very nice plant with small utricules which are organes to catch insects in the form of small spheres. This plant is a carnivore! The first weeks are critical for the rooting of this species. After, no worries. It was really at the start of the tank, the reason why it is still in spots. A few week after, it was covering the all foreground.

Thanks for the Amano compliment... but I am still very very very far from him. Still a lot to learn!

Any good idea where we can find plants here in NZ?

Lezen that's a gorgeous tank! You must have been heart broken that you had to leave it behind (it wouldn't fit in your hand luggage?)

Are you setting up a new tank in your new home? I would love to see another one looking as fantastic as that.

Oh by the way, welcome to NZ and welcome to the forums :)

Thanks Whetu!

And indeed yes, I am trying to set up a new tank here in Wellington. I am looking for the different pieces... not easy task, especially the tank.

Heres mine, like I posted in beginners corner:

P7040006.jpg

260L Fluval Vicenza tank

In there I have:

2 bristlenoses'

6 assorted cories (2 bronze, 2 leopard, and 2 panda/bandit)

10 neons

9 harlequins

6 male guppies (gf's favorite :roll: haha)

2 Gouramis

1 Siamese Fighter Male

5 Lemon Tetra

Looking add a few more to the tetra schools and the harlequins and then I'll probably be done. Start saving the the next tank! :o:D

Here's the latest pic of my 440L community tank

IMG_0086.jpg

9 tiger barbs, 10 black neon tetra, 2 siamese algae eaters, 1 golden gourami, 1 bala shark, 2 bolivian butterflies, 1 bristle-nosed plecco, 4 platies, 12 emerald eye rasboras. Added 3 platties and the rasboras today. That's it, no more fish, well after I find 2 female bolivians... ;-) The net at top right is full of Riccia I got at the last Waikato swap meet, that I haven't decided what to do with yet. Thinking of netting it to the wood in the centre between the Anubias. Just had a massive prune of the Aponogetons in center back. Thinking about (re)moving the centre one of the three Swords on the left so the wood is more visible, the Java Moss is growing nicely on it.

Thanks love although I accidentally posted the wrong pic with all the gear still in the tank so I've edited to the right one.. also I thinned it out a bit.

Tank is 300L (122cmx50cmx50cm) currently sitting on the front deck at home (don't worry it's empty :))

Here's a close-up of some pearling macandra from inside the tank...

Macandra.jpg

Thanks love

I miss having planted tank :(

I wish I still had that too! Need to get some more glosso.. oh and a high paying job to support the habit haha. I do have a small tank with lots of java moss in it tho so that's tiding me over for now

Hey Skaffen. I was in at the goldfish bowl on thusrday and Brian had a few bolivians then?? Not sure if he still has any though?

Went back in today and there were heaps of Bolivians, I must have missed them somehow... So I got my second female, well I think it's a female - kinda hard to tell when they are young, but we think it's a she.

Thanks again. :)