Macro Pic's

CatBrat

Hey all,

I got a new macro lens for my camera last night (canon 60mm macro), and thought I would post a couple of my first pic's with it...

ResizeWizard-3.jpg

Resizefly1.jpg

Resizepray1.jpg

If any of you guys have any macro's post them on here too! I always love looking at the small world!!! :D

Cheers, Jake.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome photos!

I have been looking at getting a macro lens for my Canon A710. Well, just thinking about it really, I know nothing of price or quite what it does or how to use it....

I mostly use my camera on the macro setting (fish, insects, plants, fungi) and I think the lens could be really useful for me.

Could you please fill me in a bit on the detail? :)

Thanks guys/girls!! :D Haha don't be embarrassed...we're all friends ere :lol:

I have been looking at getting a macro lens for my Canon A710.

Hey stella, unfortunatly you need a camera which you can change the len's on (they are called SLR's or dSLR's). The camera you use can't do that :( Post some of your pic's though. That what I started with, just using the macro function on a camera just like yours!

Heres some macro pics that my dad took:

The fisrt 3 are of an awesome male giraffe weevil, we found it in our house, it was dehydrated, so we kept it for my sisters insect collection (dead one unfortunatly) we kept it for 2 weeks until it died :cry:

Giraffe_Weavel007.jpg

Giraffe_Weavel006.jpg

Giraffe_Weavel011.jpg

I like how the little haors are visible on its snout thing

I hate these catepillars, but this photo is quite detailed:

Gum_Emperor_Caterpillar003.jpg

And a fishy one that i took :D

GBAs039.jpg

Its really helpful having a dad with photo skills:)

Here's a couple of my macro shots, just taken with a Sony H7 with standard lens.

A baby weta on my hand.

Weta01.jpg

And my pet kitchen spider shot I took a couple of minutes ago. (OK I just haven't swept him away from his spot above the window yet :roll: )

Spider01.jpg

Ian

• 3 weeks later...

Got any tips to share Catbrat? Are you using a tripod for those shots? remote shutter or timer or anything?

I came home on Thursday night to my partner, and he says "I've been naughty..." :lol: He'd ordered a prime macro lens for our 350D, it got here today. Lots of fun :D

And because I love my cats, this is what I take pics of:

KiraEye.jpg

Heaps of pics is compulsary :wink: Took about 130 of Kiras eyes, and cut that down to 40 odd good ones haha. That one I posted definitely stood out as the best though. But I am happy if for every 150 pics I take, I get one fantastic one, thats what digital is for!